ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Civic Type R aerial

is the civic type r stubby aerial different from the lower spec Civic aerials?? i.e. I saw a bog std 1.4 Civic (same shape as the EP3 Type R) and the aerial seemed longer and not as fat at the bottom

i.e. it didnt look like it'd fit a clio, so does it have to be the EP3 type R aerial or will any EP3 Civic aerial do??

p.s. how much are these for a genuine 1 brand new from a Honda dealership??

I bought 1 yesterday, 16quid from Honda, and thats with staff discount cos I work for the company that owns the Honda garage, is that a good price.

reason I asked if it had to be a type R aerial was I asked for a civic type r aerial and he gave me 1 that looked like a type r 1 bar about 1inch or so longer and was thin at the bottom so it wouldnt screw onto my clios base.

yeah the 1 I have is about 6 inches long, what I'm saying is he at first gave me 1 that looked like a type r aerial bar it was about 7 and a bit inches long, i.e. an inch longer than a type r aerial.

plus as I said, although it looked almost the same the 7 inch 1 had a smaller screw in bit at the bottom, and wouldnt screw onto my clio, whereas the type R 1 was fatter and did screw onto the clios base fine, except as it was that much fatter its a bit fatter at the bottom than the clios base is.

not sure mate ...have a look at the pic on the thread , send the seller a pm to ask about it , 6quid cheaper than buying from the dealers

Milltek'd 182
iirc there are no civic aerials left, the group buy is for a different autoleads one. still looks good though, i have one :)