ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clarkson's take on the RS Twingo 133

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
It’s a bit of a one-horse race, if I’m honest. The Renault might be in tune with the times. But the Fiat sings the same song more loudly and better. And, of course, being Italian it’ll have become a household appliance by the time the economy is back to normal. So you can get back to your Range Rover.

THE CLARKSOMETER

Clarkson’s Verdict: I’d rather have a Fiat 500

Oh dear

clio 172 cup
u think on the new series of top gear they'll have the c.vxr and clio 197 against each other

u think on the new series of top gear they'll have the c.vxr and clio 197 against each other
nope...they did that on 5th gear iirc and they aint really new nemore think its going to be more focused of newer things i.e. r26r

clio 172 cup
just watched the trailer theres sweet f.a showing fast hatchbacks:dapprove:
i like watching the bugatti and ferraris etc but just wish they would have 5mins a week time of fast small cars

a burnt one
^Well he is a the UK's leading motoring journalist.

Hes becoming a plank though, in that link 16 paragraphs before the car he's reviewing is even mentioned.

The review consists of half of that.

Top gear is still good dont get me wrong but every week is the same, reviews of cars that only those on CS wages can afford.

Si

RS Clio 172
he's more of an entertainer that a proper car journalist.

if you want a real review of any car just pick up a copy of evo. I think even clarkson went back a re-tested a car after evo gave it a good review when he gave it a bad one. Vanquish maybe??

Turbos.
To be fair the Twingo is based on a Clio Mk2. When did that come out, '98? Not suprised its not as good as the Fiat. The 500 also looks a lot nicer IMO...

Various Renaults
I Drove the RennSport Twingo round Thruxton. I dont care what anyone saids this thing seriously handles well. I did a hour long HARD road test as well. The engine is based on the megane 1.6vvt. Its a revver and doesnt offer much off the bottom like the 197 (only much less) but for the price its a damn good car I think.

Gotta have the cup pack though. Bigger anthracite wheels and even lower suspension mmm...

123D Coupe + MK1 MX5
I read about 9000 paragraphs on some crap today with recycling cars then got bored.

get to the point clarkson.