ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clean Vee and some seafront photos

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Went to my mate Chris' today to clean to Vee. Firstly, got the old pressure washer out and got the thick crap off, and blasted the arches. Then washed with Megs Gold Class shampoo, Autoglym Clean Wheels on the wheels, dried, clayed with Megs Smooth Surface clay kit (never clayed a car before, but it was quite easy - a LOT of crap came off the boot but the rest was in really good condition actually), waxed with Megs Gold Class wax, body and wheels. Then used Autoglym Bumper Care on the black plastic bits and tyres, Autoglym metal polish on the backbox and some window cleaner on the glass and lights. Got a serious shine on at the end, then stopped on the seafront on the way home for some pictures :) Comments welcome - full set available here in proper sizes -
http://www.danbayes.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=15
but here's a sample of them -
normal_cleaning17.jpg

normal_cleaning18.jpg

normal_cleaning65.jpg

normal_cleaning76.jpg

normal_cleaning84.jpg

Lots, lots more on the link above.

Dan

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I can't WAIT to get a mk1 vee..... mmmmmmmmmm

that one looks very very nice indeed.

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Lovely motor. Night pics aren't great quality but i like the composition.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Cheers all :)

Re: the quality, they're reduced for putting online because the images straight off the cam are massive hehe! Fuji S5600 on auto mode - I was gonna play with the settings, but it was bloody freezing hehe ;) And I've just noticed the quality was on normal, not fine heh - d'oh. Nevermind, they're ok just for casual snaps :) I was quite impressed with the lights going through the photos pics as well.

Dan

Last edited:

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Hehe no no, I'm refusing to move it till summer :p

Maybe...

Dan

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
That's the K-Tec same as yours btw Ali - just with the grills removed. Autoglym metal polish resin to thank for that shine.

Dan

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
That's the K-Tec same as yours btw Ali - just with the grills removed. Autoglym metal polish resin to thank for that shine.

Dan

yeh, i'm getting mine taken off and polished professionally, it's in a state!

But also i'm cutting out the bumper bits in the middle! Gulp no going bak now!

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Going for the cut then? *gulp* :)

Still, hopefully it should look awesome! Have you tried turning the grills over? I hear that exposes the shiny a LOT more on a Mk2? Although if it's cut really carefully, it would probably be possible to have it 'put back' anyway surely?

Dan

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Going for the cut then? *gulp* :)

Still, hopefully it should look awesome! Have you tried turning the grills over? I hear that exposes the shiny a LOT more on a Mk2? Although if it's cut really carefully, it would probably be possible to have it 'put back' anyway surely?

Dan

yep! Thats the plan... Didn't realise the state my bumper was in tho! The heat from the pipes is actually changed the colour of the mid section!

getting skirt, bonnet and another mark resprayed soon! :) Recaro's go in next weekend, and my Neddy underseat Sub too! LOL!

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Sweet :) I have an underseat sub ha! Which one you got?

Dan

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Aye - under the passenger seat 'cos the standard CD changer is under mine still (too much hassle to remove it heh ;)). The only problem is you can't really move the seat all the way forward - but seen as though people don't need to get in the back this doesn't exactly matter heh :)

Dan

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Aye - under the passenger seat 'cos the standard CD changer is under mine still (too much hassle to remove it heh ;)). The only problem is you can't really move the seat all the way forward - but seen as though people don't need to get in the back this doesn't exactly matter heh :)

Dan

kk! The brain for my pioneer HU is under the passenger seat so changer is gone! Will have to go under the drivers! No need for a noddin dog...That'll be me!

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
I feared it under my seat in case I played the brown noise somehow.

Laura - Thanks :) Give me a flash/wave (or flash your lights) if you see me ;)

Dan

Wish I still had my trusty old mk1 Vee........Looking good Dan. Glad to see you're taking care of Chloe (Whoops wasn't suppose to type that..I don't give my cars names honestly)