ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cleaning seatbelts

What do you guys reckon is best for cleaning the silver seatbelts in a Clio? Just a fabric cleaner? or maybe just hot soapy water?

I only ask because the greaser at Renault obviously didnt see fit to wash his grubby f**king hands before taking my 182 out and emptying the contents of my fuel tank into the f**king ozone layer :mad:

This dealer isnt ever going to see my car again, so unless my comprehensive complaint to Renault UK (with about a thousand bullet points so far) comes up trumps, Ill be cleaning the seatbelt myself.

106 GTi

Autoglym do a couple off good cleaners Interior cleaner water based, and interior foam. Both do a good job off removing ingrained grime.

Sounds daft, but have you tried brake dust suppressor? It comes in a spray can, and gets rid of most stuff. I dont know for sure if it will get rid of your stain, but I would give it a try myself. Gets rid of red wine, bubble gum, anything difficult really. Worth a shot. DOnt know if anyone else has used this before, or whether youll think I m crazy, but its bloody good stuff when it comes to getting rids of unwanted stains... (dont ask... ;))

[Edited by Dno194 on 15 April 2005 at 4:25pm]

Highly recommended by my old man. Mechanic for 28 years. :D

Ford Fiesta

hard things to clean the belts.

****ing renault idiots. they dont take any car at all.

gonna cover mine up with some plastic when it goes in now.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

Honestly the best thing to clean them with is BLEECH...

You may think im mad and might not want to try it on a newer car than the valver but I soaked all the belts in bleech in the bath overnight and they came up really well!

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner

I have same problem with mine after mrs shut the door on the seatbelt and it got full of grease of the lock.

Ive been told fairy washing up liquid is the best way. Anything else may discolour the seatbelt and ultimately make it look worse!

[Edited by mauricewt on 16 April 2005 at 1:02pm]