ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cleaning Up Exterior Plastics

RB 182
Hiya Guys,

I'm wanting to clean up all my exterior plastics and remove the old white haze it currently has all over, so i was just wondering what you'd all suggest?

i'm looking for cheap and cheerful really, i don't want to be spending a fortune but at the same time i don't want to spend pennies and get something rubbish ha ha.

From searches i think what i'm after is 'C4'? but if there are any other alternatives then i'd be happy with advice (and links if possible!)

Thanks in advance!

Matt :)

Golf GT & A4 Avant
before you apply any dressing, especially c4, you need to ensure that its perfectly clean. which might actually remove the white hazyness.

a general all purpose cleaner, something yoy might find in the supermarket diluted down will be fine

then id recommend autofinesse revive. gtechniq products are not really suitable for those new to detailing,

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
I think its that C4 stuff that people have used. Works wonders.

Isnt it suppose to last up to 2 years as well ?

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Isit best when using C4 to remove the plastics?

Makes it easier I guess but I just used some 3M tape to cover the surrounding paintwork and made sure the plastics were 100% clean and cracked on. Great results though and still looks spot on 3 months later. Although it is currently covered in about an inch of grit and mud so we will see when I wash it next how it fairs.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I use AF Revive. There isn't enough trim on my car to warrrent buying C4 tbh.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
How does the C4 stuff last so long?

Surely if you wash your car at least once a month for 24 months it most of come off. Lol

Golf GT & A4 Avant
C4 chemically bonds to the plastic.

Hence why proper application and prep are key. Miss a step, don't do it properly and it will last 2months. It's not a simple product to use. If in any doubt don't use it as it'll be an expensive waste of money.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
How does the C4 stuff last so long?

Surely if you wash your car at least once a month for 24 months it most of come off. Lol

I applied C4 to my Mum's S4 just over 6 months ago and it still looks perfect, the car is washed weekly.

RB 182
thanks for all the responses peeps.

I Think i'll get it from Auto Finesse, with them being a ClioSport trader.

Any discounts? :eek:

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
C4 is the nuts. I paid £23-ish for the small bottle but its done all the exterior plastics and engine bay plastics with a 1/3 left.

Good for min 2 years also :)

Hey Siddle

Sorry we do not have any offers on at the moment however every order receives a christmas card and Christmas Air Freshener

:)