ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLifford intelliguard 950 plus intellistart

- 54 ' Renault clio 1.2
Alright guys. My clios still in the bodyshop as it ahs been for the past 16 weeks and 5 days (not that im counting) and i bought myself the clifford 950 plus intellistart. How much you reckon it'll cost to have fitted properly and if by any chance u have any numbers? around the Glasgow area, cheers!! Simon

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Alright guys. My clios still in the bodyshop as it ahs been for the past 16 weeks and 5 days (not that im counting) and i bought myself the clifford 950 plus intellistart. How much you reckon it'll cost to have fitted properly and if by any chance u have any numbers? around the Glasgow area, cheers!! Simon

about £150-200 fitted properly.

Im interested how you obtained it? They nearly almost ALWAYS come with free fitting (or included in the price), why didnt you get it fitted then?

If this is an american import, from eaby, it may cost you more to have fitted.

However, this sort of alarm wont take anything off your insurance, as the intellistart practically voids that out, so You don't have to get it fitted by a "proper" installer, as you dont need the certificate.

- 54 ' Renault clio 1.2
about £150-200 fitted properly.

Im interested how you obtained it? They nearly almost ALWAYS come with free fitting (or included in the price), why didnt you get it fitted then?

If this is an american import, from eaby, it may cost you more to have fitted.

However, this sort of alarm wont take anything off your insurance, as the intellistart practically voids that out, so You don't have to get it fitted by a "proper" installer, as you dont need the certificate.[/QUOTE]

yeh it hought that but apparantly by including the intellistart it upgrades the unit to a "thatcham 1" alarm. checked it out with Adrian Flux. Was gonna get the alarm through gap who quoted me between "1300 and 980" - which i think is pretty hefty, id be expecting the alarm to give me road head at that cost. ended up gettin all the parts, alarm plus intellistart for 265 2nd hand, not imported. that aint too bad considerin!!

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
You couldnt be further from the truth, the intellistart is the reason your alarm ISNT thatcham approved. Intellistarts are frowned upon some insureres, and some may even VOID your policy if you fit one.

IT is illegal to have your car running without any control ona public highway. Intellistart is cool, I have it, but it is in NO WAY WHATSOEVER a security device.

£900 fitted sounds about right for the 950. I have the 750 with extra door poppers on mine, with intellistart, boot popper and that came to about £650 fitted.

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v
stay away from drivers, as my clifford relays have started to click all time. need to take it down to them see what they say but try evolution ice out in falkirk