ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.2 16v 2002 not starting just clicking

Clio Dynamique 3 16v
Hi guys,

I have a Clio 1.2 16v 2002 and it wont start! when i turn the key there is just a clikcing sound coming from under the glovebox...
It will start with a bump start and sometimes, but not always a jump start :/ i dont know whats wrong with it and its really starting to become anoying when i cant get home from work etc.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, plus im not massively technical under the bonnet so not to much jargon aha

Cheers,
Josh

Megane dci 130
Assuming you have had the battery tested and all other electrics work ok, Remove the spade connector on the starter motor and clean the connections with some sand paper. It's right at the front of the engine.

clio 197 albi blue
Hi guys,

I have a Clio 1.2 16v 2002 and it wont start! when i turn the key there is just a clikcing sound coming from under the glovebox...
It will start with a bump start and sometimes, but not always a jump start :/ i dont know whats wrong with it and its really starting to become anoying when i cant get home from work etc.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, plus im not massively technical under the bonnet so not to much jargon aha

Cheers,
Josh

had this with my old 2002 renault clio, didnt end up solving it, all i did was when u turn the key keep it turned and hold it there, will eventually start, no-one could find the problem to it either :(

Clio Dynamique 3 16v
Assuming you have had the battery tested and all other electrics work ok, Remove the spade connector on the starter motor and clean the connections with some sand paper. It's right at the front of the engine.

Thanks mate, ill try that