ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.2 16v, First car!

'14 Auris Hybrid ST
Well here is my first car, just brought it out of the Car Wash Lot, looking clean but needing a wax!

not going to be some of your guys cup of tea, big bore exhaust and 17" on it, personally I want to change the alloy colour to black/purple along with changing the side strips/bullets to match the wheels :)

Also going to keep a costing list on here so i dont lose too much track of what im spending! Had more pictures but they were too large :nono:

So far I've been to the scrapyard, found a clio sport 172 so took the grill, Side strips, bullets, cliosport steering wheel, the diamonds, airbag strips etc, all for a mere £40!
happy with that to say the least.

• Getting Smaller Number plates
  • Changing the Grille
  • Oh, And colour coding as much as i can :)
  • forgot to add, want the ring things that go around the fogs!
IMG_1963.jpgIMG_1964.jpgIMG_1969.jpg

Last edited:
  Black 182
Every car has to start somewhere... i dont think the exhaust itself looks that bad... But the fitment ruins it, and it needs autosol!

Wiper arms.. obviously need to be black. And 17's just are too big. 15's.

'14 Auris Hybrid ST
yeah its already lowered so saves me a job :)

yeah i do want a single backbox i think..

yeah previous owner (woman) was colour coding it wrong :p

any tips for a respray of alloys?! cant afford changing them just yet tbf..

cheers

Doesnt look too bad tbh.

Change the wheel to something that are 16", 17 looks way too big tbh.

As already said, polish that exhaust up!

If you're keeping them, get the alloys refurbed rather than just spraying them, they look a bit kerbed anyway

'14 Auris Hybrid ST
Could just be like a plastic thing that goes around the fog light, but it looks smart :') ill try and find a picture

cheers lads! If you have ideas for me then help me out because first car I'm having troubles! HahHahha

it does look like the alloys have been painted previously I just dunno what to do!

'14 Auris Hybrid ST
Car 1 (2).jpeg

Parked at home, looking a little dirty,

Just received my Team Heko wind deflectors and my darker side repeater :)

Car 1 (1).jpegCar 1 (7).jpeg

hassle getting them on, thanks to a few guys on here with the help haha ;)

starting to cross off the list i created, but now more things are adding onto the list!
need some alacantra payday to sort my interior out, then ill be looking at the sport interior or buckets, would prefer the sport interior myself but it depends whats available at the time and for how much!

Got a back bumper in my sights for £47.00 correct coding to my car, so its all good so far!

still looking for some fog light surround clips, I have saw a few other members with some of these so PM's will be made haha,
also i think i want them wrapped yellow, i dont know why but plain is boring to me!

Got my grill, struggling to fit it haha

to do list now consists of:
> Smaller plates, get rid of that Gb thing too haha
> Fog light surround and yellow them
>Sport back bumper
> Actually FIT the grill i have
> Alacantra
> West mids sticker

In the future:
>Sport interior
> Xenons
> Maybe get some masked rear lights, just something to stop them being standard haha :)

'14 Auris Hybrid ST
sport grille is now fitted :)

Get some pics up later, was a matter of snapping the clips of and hammering it in haha, good experience..

'14 Auris Hybrid ST
Car 1 (8).jpgimage (2).jpegimage (3).jpegimage (4).jpegimage (5).jpeg

looking at these photos you can see why it is recommended to change the grille, looks totally different, its amazing!

gave it a nice clean and it looks like a mirror at the moment!

'14 Auris Hybrid ST
£25 rear bumper in great condition ready to be collected friday afternoon!

> Side door strips needed colour coded,
> Wheel Refurb
> More Team Heko as mine were stolen :(

Clio 1.6 Dynamique
Looks decent mate. I just got a 1.6 (my first car after being banned 3 years ago haha) I love it.

Im looking to do something similar!!

Personally I dont like the exhaust or alloys. But each to their own. Keep the updates coming!!

'14 Auris Hybrid ST
as pics above show I am a very happy chappy today! £200 down but very cheap in my opinion :)

thanks Mad max! :) your garage was sweet!

Pearl Black Ph2 172
Nice purchase, although i was reading back at where you got a great deal on 172 bits for £40 from a scrappy? I was virtually shouting at the TV for you to go back and get the rest of the 172 Kit, sounds like it would have been a steal..

Then i realised you had posted in March and felt a tit.. .

also, get rid of the 17's if you havent already,
hey dont do the car any favours handling wise, make 3 point turns a pain, your tyre replacements a lot more expensive and people in the know that drive past will think your a plum :)

other than that. keep it tidy, wash weekly and Super Resin polish it twice weekly (Pearl blacks a pain in the arse)

Dont bother wasting £100+ on a fancy induction kit either, just nip down the scrappy regularly and take someone elses ;) your not gonna gain any BHP, maybe a small amount of throttle response, probably nothing noticeable.. you may as well pay a £10 instead of £100 for that privilige :)

'14 Auris Hybrid ST
yeah i wanted to go and get the interior at the time but it wasnt great really, just out of my town is a renault clio 172 breaker and they are cheap so when im in the need ill be popping there again haha :)

some 182 alloys are next on the wishlist, might be a while yet though as im forking out £350 P/M car insurance...

No not going to bother with the induction kit, just looking when bored really

cheers for the advice regarding the washing of it :)

'14 Auris Hybrid ST
side strips done :)

IMAG0438_zps8217135c.jpg

IMAG0442_zpsc2d2c99a.jpg

only thing now is.. i need to drive with 2.0 16v bullets as i go and get some paint..

thinking about the stealth look... thoughts anyone?

Clio 172 rep
Lookin good man, i was goin to buy this kit!! U got first dibs over me so i went over to london area and got one instead!! Fitted all mine last night thoo, we carnt have two stealths goin round our area ;) haha ive got a complete rep not got the interiour etc looks good man

'14 Auris Hybrid ST
haha sorry mate! snooze you lose :rasp:

was it an easy fit? im struggling with mine tbh..
not sure when im getting the seats, exterior first and refurb the wheels etc..

when i go stealth we need to meet up have a little photoshoot!

Clio 172 rep
Yeaaa we will have t meet mate, and took me about 3hours on my own to do it all just finding the screws which are a pain haha, front bumpers easy wings are a pain! You have to remove the headlights to get them pff and theres around 5-6screws to the wings off and 6 for the front bumper, 3 for each headlight, try to keep all the screw aside and in a order of how u take them off

'14 Auris Hybrid ST
think my brothers going to help me..

ill meet you with the white wheels and then again when black :approve:

great wyrley isnt too much of a mission and ive got to pass today on way to halfords, keep an ear out for the awful exhaust :race:

Clio 172 rep
Got all the clips and rivet screws for the skirts? I need to get some screws from bnq tmra cause went dark last night b4 i could put the skirts on and at work all day today :(

'14 Auris Hybrid ST
where the story ends, I've got a new job which pushes the clio out the door :( i love this car! but it would've pushed me to sell no matter what car i had really, as its free petrol, no costs etc and saves me £400 per month, not worth it to run a 2k max car.

IMAG0476_zpsd7e6fcb4.jpg

SC54 YKE! I am graced by it for two more weeks then to see what company car I have...