ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.2 Extreme 2010

MK3 PH2 1.2
Hello everyone,

This is my Clio 1.2 Extreme 2010. Nothing is done to it at the moment due to money haha. My near future plans for it are to :

- Nervasport 17'' alloys black
- Gloss black renault diamonds
- Rear three tints
- Remove stickers

Any ideas are welcome :)

164010_10150095373423586_735543585_6138018_3329466_n.jpg

148331_471438963585_735543585_5572063_7027436_n.jpg

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Welcome to CS! nice car to start with mate but first of all i wouldnt get 17"s, they are far to big and ruin the handling. I made this mistake myself lol

Fabia VRS
try and get hold of some sport alloys speedlines (correct me if im wrong), they suit mk3's so well!

then as said lower it and you onto a winner

Listerine & Poledo
Another 1.2 that's looking for 17's!

Dont know about the mk.3, but 17 is too much for the older cars.

If it was mine, I'd probably just get some genuine renault alloys on there and call it a day.

MK3 PH2 1.2
Cheers guys for the input, i am quite um s**t when it comes to the mechanical side of cars, electrical i know lol, how would i go about lowering springs or coilovers ?

and i was thinking about getting these but spraying them black

17_renault_nervasport_alloys_92985883612991301.jpg

Listerine & Poledo
A set of springs would do you just as well, unless you want to run it REALLY low, which could wind up quite uncomfortable.

Wheels are a good choice, dont know about black though, maybe a gunmetal or something like that.

Anyhoo, your car, do what you will

MK3 PH2 1.2
Ahh cool, when the funds become available ill be hot on it. I don't want it dragging its arse on the floor low, just low enough :) i don't want them like jet black but like a granite black.

Also painting the badges are their any threads here on how to ? sorry seem to be asking a lot, tell me to shut up if it gets annoying haha

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
  Listerine & Poledo
nope, you'll need to be a paid-up member for things like that.

£12 though, not a bank breaker.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Says i dont have permission to access it :S

oh i forgot, you have to be a premium member to access guides etc. sign up for it though. Its £12 a year and when you join you get a CS bottle opener/keyring, CS taxdisc holder, CS sticker to put in your car. you can also get discounts from many sites too, so defo sign up :)

MK3 PH2 1.2
i think ill only be lowering it by 30mm :) springs dont look that expensive but know idea how to fit them lol will be interesting

Mk5 Ibiza Cupra
lad on here (crippin) has a mk3 lowered 45 and it looks magic. definitely colour code your door handles, rub strips and mirrors though!

Listerine & Poledo
No idea if they're any good or not, but a smaller drop would probably be better for ride comfort and, no matter how much of a hero peopel on here like to be, we all like to climb out of our cars after a long haul without needing Orthopedic work

Homo spec mazda
If your after going fairly lower, springs are pretty much pointless on mk3's however if your not worried about getting rid of archgap then springs wil go fine, and 17's are perfectly fine on a MK3, it will be slightly slower but a 1.2 wont really set the world alight, I always wanted some nervasports for my MK3 and it was a 1.4.

MK3 PH2 1.2
If your after going fairly lower, springs are pretty much pointless on mk3's however if your not worried about getting rid of archgap then springs wil go fine, and 17's are perfectly fine on a MK3, it will be slightly slower but a 1.2 wont really set the world alight, I always wanted some nervasports for my MK3 and it was a 1.4.

I wont be lowering it mega loads just 30mm :) i still want my car to be a comfy ride rather go for comfort than looking goooood lol

Homo spec mazda
Good lad, allthough if you ever do get in the position to do it, coilovers on the MK3 ride very very well. Get them nervasports bought and on, theyd suit it down to the ground.

MK3 PH2 1.2
Good lad, allthough if you ever do get in the position to do it, coilovers on the MK3 ride very very well. Get them nervasports bought and on, theyd suit it down to the ground.

Yeh man will do :) getting them off a mate for £130 full set all new tyres but they need a refurb, he's told be two have been curbed so im not gonna buy or anything until ive seen them, I'm gonna get them done professionally i think but its £40 a wheel so might have to do it on me own lol

MK3 PH2 1.2
I think ill be doing alloys then brake calipers and diamonds painted then lowering :) theeen an induction kit haha if i have money still lol

MK3 PH2 1.2
looks good mate

Cheers :) actually cracking on with stuff on my car now lol! My next big bits are lowering (springs , can't afford coilovers), 16'' alloys, speakers and subs and what not and rear tints :) Hopefully within the next few months!