ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.2 First car Project

Hello everyone,

Just some pictures of my first car project, I'm trying not to go down the road of every 17 year olds first car and make it look worse

I haven't done much to it yet because I'm having to save for the insurance.

The things I've done so far is:
Clio 172 rear spoiler
Wind reflectors
New 300w door speakers
Prepped steelies and re-sprayed them black to make them look a bit better.
Colour coded door trims

But I have many more modifications I want to make:

172 front and rear bumpers (hard to get hold of)
Tinted windows
New wheels
Lowering springs
Steering wheel
Strut braces
Clio sport seats
The rest of the colour coded door trims.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:
  2014 Clio 200t edc
Nice start! An alternative to the 172 bumpers, is to colour code the inserts. Much cheaper and easier than fitting a front bumper at least. Rear bumpers aren't too expensive though and fit straight on I believe. Maybe a set of 172 wheels and with the springs and spacers it will look good. I wouldn't bother with the strut braces though, complete waste of time. Other mods sound good though.

Nice start! An alternative to the 172 bumpers, is to colour code the inserts. Much cheaper and easier than fitting a front bumper at least. Rear bumpers aren't too expensive though and fit straight on I believe. Maybe a set of 172 wheels and with the springs and spacers it will look good. I wouldn't bother with the strut braces though, complete waste of time. Other mods sound good though.

Thanks dude! Yea I was thinking about doing the inserts but I would prefer the 172 bumpers, I've found a rear one but can't see a front one anywhere. Yea I was thinking about some turinis or Turbines. Yea I probably won't do the strut braces tbh aha. But thanks for the warm welcome :)
Nice car mate and welcome to the club!

Thanks dude!

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

ClioSport Trader
  Renault 5
Hi and welcome.
When you're ready if you need any help with insurance then please feel free to drop me a line. I'd be only too pleased to help.
Regards,
Dan.

Hi and welcome.
When you're ready if you need any help with insurance then please feel free to drop me a line. I'd be only too pleased to help.
Regards,
Dan.

I probably will do just that, I've only just turned 17 and driving with a provisional licence atm with a learner insurance, but when I come to insure the car properly I'll let you know bud.

Thanks

M90SR

ClioSport Club Member
Nice car mate check my profile (cover photo) out as we have similar colour cars (mines cherry not flame red)
Might give you some ideas as I didn't go down the 17 yr old chav route.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Rear 172 bumper is now on nice and easy to do and fitted straight on , the172 grille has also been sanded and re sprayd and been put on :smile: