ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.6 16v coilpack help ? Engine running rough

182 Trophy
Hi Guys

Engine on the 1.6 Clio is running a bit rough, does not like low revs but feels like its mis firing. Is the coil pack on these things the likely culprit ? I just called Euro car parts and they have said it does not have a coil pack but seperate coils ??

Can someone explain this to me as I’m a little confused

Sam

Combo
I have the 1.4 and it has 4 separate coils and it will probably only be one coil that has gone, but it is best to get them repaired in pairs as they normally go in quick secession of each other.

182 Trophy
I have the 1.4 and it has 4 separate coils and it will probably only be one coil that has gone, but it is best to get them repaired in pairs as they normally go in quick secession of each other.

Thanks mate got my head around it now, plugged my mates diag into it and its showing cylinder 3 so going to replace that

Cheers

ITB'd MK1
change your sparkplugs too, and use a little white grease on the coil to plug connection. Worn plugs and bad connections put extra load on the coils