ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 16v -172 Hybrid

Trophy Turbo :)
Yeah buy the FR7 block is from 1993 and in many many may ways is not as good as the F4R, as whitley he will add his bit on that, and tbh the F4 swap prob costs less than a F7 swap and the lump its self is lighter

heavily modded the only difference would probably be reliability

standard/lightly modified engine F4R is easily be better than F7R in many many ways

Well its a SAD SAD Day for me here. The wifes Pregnant ( that i am happy )

But the poor little Rce cars going too suffer.

We have sold the Engine from this car along side the ITBS etc :( We now have no engine any more :( The Engine goes January and the ITBS are off ready to ship. Both going to a very good home.

We have some nice megane R26R Injectors for sale if any one requires any??

The project is certainly not finised as we have a new engine already sourced, but its wont owe us as much money as that did.

Breaking mk2 DCI
NOOOOOOOOOO!

Andy please say something else is going in that shell?!?!?!

this is a very very sad day,

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
Cher ching, I hope you got a lot of cash from the engine and itbs sale mate, as this will cost a few pennies.

What gearbox you going to use? As this is a conversion I considered for mine but decided against it as the amount of fabricated parts needed would be ridiculous, besides If you do squeeze the 6 speed box in you might find the steering will be reduced similar to the GTi6 into 205 gti conversions.

If I'm honest Andy you'd be better off building the rods and pistons into one of the many F4R engines you already have, and using a turbo manifold that would allow the use of a garrett.

Mate if you want a hand drop me a txt.

Last edited:
Didnt you say you'd sold the bits/engine so you could have less power and learn to drive the car properly?

So why are you going from one 220-230bhp engine to another, lol.

the reason for the sale is to relea some money from the car over 5k in the bay bette off too start my family.

i have a Full 225 i am breaking :) so i have all the bits

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
Nice one mate, you won't mind me popping through for a bit chat when you get this started will you?

Also if you want some proper advice from switched on people join RTOC as theres a lad from durham way got a 225 in his 5 turbo, and theres also another lad 3/4 of the way through his 225 engine into megane coupe project.

'92 172, Lotus Elise
photos005165d660.jpg

225 Coupe/ RS Megane DCI
The main problem is the box, its huge, I had to cut some of the chassis leg out to get it in.

I wish I had bought a a full breaking car for parts, would've been much easier.

Good luck with it Andy, you'll know doubt have it running by now haha knowing you