ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 16v -172 Hybrid

Trophy Turbo :)
No adam it just sits like that, may be the Box mount is all from a 172 from Renault.

Weve just fitted a Swirl pot and Out tank Fuel Pump this is to reslove the issue with the fuel surge,

Weve fited a Fill Touch screen on Dash Montoring unit that runs the omex software and give sus a more updated and acurite settings than a gauage and we now can see what our intake temps are

here is a updated track photo!!! far too cool for skhool

tripod.gif

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
i tried tilting the engine back the other night as ive got a solid adjustable dogbone now, erm....no chance lol

the k-tec mounts are super stiff meaning i could only move it about 2cm!

i even tried undoing the mounts and it still wouldn't budge

Its was just finsihed ta the time constantly checking the oil ;)

The badge looked GASH was painted black and chipping off

Adam your car must be a ringer LOL

Few Updated as of Wednesday 30th September.

We Purchased from Renault 4 x Megane R26R injectors at a very good price. We had a issue that the injectors we were using were maxing out on 95% throttle meaning that the car was over fuling to keep it safe by keeping the injector open, this was always a tempary issue till i sorted the Injectors. We fitted the 225 Injectors today at the mappers a direct replacment with the throttle bodies and now the car reves a lot freer and top end is so much better, now only on 69%duty.

We also were sufferring from Fuel surge due to been ill advised on the fuel tank we fitted ( i knwo youll bite ) :O So we decided the only real option was a Swirl Pot install, This was a cheap but so far effective way of solving the Issue.

We fitted a 2 Litre Swirl pot that was £70 from Ebay
a Low pressure high capacity Lift Pump £75 from my local Rally stockest
a Bosh 401 out tank Fuel Pump £140 from my local rally stockest.
Were having a alloy cover for it all made incase we had a accident, or a pipe blows off
301 Braded Steel Hose.

The car doesnt seem any more powerful apart from the top end really seems to be breating and wanting to rev :)

We have a OMP Tow eye coming this week too as the original Rernault one is not the best to get the tow hookinto.

Looking forward to a Track weekend this weekend and Marham :)
Sorry for the lack of photos were on Vodafone Dial up as weve had a disagrement with Bt at the moment

ITB'd MK1
Few Updated as of Wednesday 30th September.

We Purchased from Renault 4 x Megane R26R injectors at a very good price. We had a issue that the injectors we were using were maxing out on 95% throttle meaning that the car was over fuling to keep it safe by keeping the injector open

what injectors did you have before? There's no "function" that makes them go to fully open on an omex ECU. Any idea what firmware version your ECU runs?

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
surprised that it doesnt seem much quicker than Whiteley's in a straight line actually :O

looks HOT though :D

carl

TVR Cerbera
what injectors did you have before? There's no "function" that makes them go to fully open on an omex ECU. Any idea what firmware version your ECU runs?

Standard injectors before, what he means is the injectors were open nearly all the time. firmware? there is only what was released with the ecu from omex or do you mean the 0.70 bit?

JDM Dc2
as people always say to me about my fez... from watching that vid both yours and whitleys looks pretty evenly matched on the striaghts, is it worth all the money you've had spent on the engine lol?...

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
as people always say to me about my fez... from watching that vid both yours and whitleys looks pretty evenly matched on the striaghts, is it worth all the money you've had spent on the engine lol?...

exactly, how much less does Whiteleys weight than Andys?

they look very equal yet Andys has had thousands spent on the engine

carl

Just seen this. The cars defo faster up the straights, in that video chris was tailing me causing the air to float over the top of him and meaning i was pulling him along if you see me weeving trying to get rid. on the begining you see how i am pulling away, i dont think at the speeds that we were getting up too that there would be much differene in top end... i let off far afr afr too early compaired to the boys

The lads will even comment that the car is faster up the straights, and like i said my driving is at fault tbh.

The restriction of bonnet is holding the car back massiev ammounts we cant get enough air into the ITBS, its all blocke doff by the bonnet, Some thing that we need to reslove, as far as i am aware we are the 1st f4red ITBs clio in the UK, so have no help on what other shave done as the trumpets sit so far forward.....

Defo worth every penny spent. things will get better once the handleing is sorted out :)

Side ways Danny - Well you can, we had ours working leik that, my mapper is very very good

PH1 loads of boost!
Look at the exit speeds of the corners, if both cars were going thru the corners at the same speeds then Andy's would drive away on the strights.
Get someone with a bit more experience behind the wheel of the yellow one and I dare say it will drive away from the camera car.

Well few updated.

After my last track day we just couldnt get the clio to handle as well as other at the last weekend, so ive purchased some new coil overs :)

Weve decided too go the WIDE track Way.

Weve got out hands on some

Clio 172 Hubs
Clio 172 Wish Bones
Clio 172 Calipers

We were running a 1.2 Rack and to be honest the lock too lock was 4.4, not great and some thing we didnt think about when doing this car so top end speeds the car felt very light and not responsive so ive been talkign to Foxy and hes informed me the Williams Rack is the one too go for, so with help from MATT brown hes sorted me a few bits.

Ive got a

Williams Rack
Williams Colum
Williams ARB

So i had to order some coil overs to suit the New wide track so i got my self some GAZ Fully adjutsable coil overs front and back :) Coolio

So its all going on this week as i have sold the FK Coil overs from the valver...

Also we had issues as earlyer on the thread about Fuel surge.. so weve fitted a High Flow lift pump and Bosh motorsport pump! :)

With a 2litre swirl pot..

Now with this all being up back and open too us, we were told to get it covered over, so i contacted my local lads who do steel work and they made us a box to protect us in a crash... i know this adds weight but i feel safety is a prime concern :)

Here are soem pix :)

P1060493DesktopResolution.jpg

P1060498DesktopResolution.jpg

P1060482DesktopResolution.jpg

here a video from the car, my mate driving and ermmm loving the stone MY PAINT WORK...

good job it was last track day this year, let the revamp clio start :) New look for next season

th_WilkyDriving.gif

Now on that lap at 6.33 he over took the megane R26R, that was a instructor in the car, i can see a right hand ind on can you??? we got blacked flaged for overtaking him, but he asked us too go past, Oh one of the accidents happened the lap after

9.05 is the off road experience :)

listen too them Fuel pumps!!!!

Right we had the car RRed with bonnet off and it made 238.9bhp and then with it on and it made 218.5 bhp humm, so i guess its not working too the right settings, looks leik we have more power to come

here is a video vs a rs200

th_Wilkyrear.gif

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
hmm makes you wonder if the f4r swap is really worth it if going down the itb route... my old f7r itb'd clio made similar numbers around 225 bhp or so.. Amazing project though fella , car looks great