ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 16v -172 Hybrid

Trophy Turbo :)
Ive been a busy bunny over the last year. Hope you like..............

I love the colour looks well on the mk 1 i think

before

15112008220Small.gif

15112008218Small.gif

my megane getting a look in

cid_DSC03243.gif

and now

24012009645.gif

5555.gif

444-1.gif

3333.gif

33.gif

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Woah woah woah there sonny jim!! Whaere was the progress thread??

Looks a fekkin awesom project mate. How far you off completion?

LOL, I am on Clio 16net, I have not got the net at the moment so uing my phone via laptop so noit being adoing a BLOG i think people call them, The car has turned out very well, Just need to iron a few things out, passed mot yesterday and ive been out in it today, Ive acshally used the 172 Clocks too so i have a trip computer that works!!!

Looks great, but if it were me i would have black or anthracite willy wheels on it. 15's look much better but just imo.

Right then LOL.

After our no matter what we did with the standard 172 engine we couldnt seem to get below 14.1 at the POD. We decided after ceeing a Turbo And a TB's Clio that we needed to "spend" so off we went and got a Full Jenvys TB's and a OMEX ECU Thanks K Tech. Best price around for what we got in the kit!

We were wonderign if the Tbs woudl fit in the Mk1 valver with it being tight with the 172 lump fitted. What the hell we spend a Few Bags of sand and got soem tasty bits when we were on, Fittted some Nice CATS and the various other thinhs we needed, custom rad etc..

The car goes very well now revs to 7800 from what we can gauage from the driver seat. may be a little less

Heres a few photos of the Tb's i dont have Broadband at home at the min so thats why the pics are very slow on being posted Will have next week tho

Thanks Guys.

Andy & Mitch

01032009827.jpg

01032009828.jpg

01032009829.jpg

02032009834.jpg

07032009843.jpg

07032009844.jpg

LOL, yeah were fabricating the wings ;) awaiting for pennys for our new diff too :)

few vids, we only went to 60, the car wasnt balanced but we thought the flames looked good, like a boy racer at asda :) its sorted now runs well

th_08032009051.jpg

th_cliotbmk1.jpg

th_cliopopp.jpg

Last edited:
Its getting on well, Got the Carbon bonet fitted now too wich make it looks nice :)

Still plenty to do :) the Diff is the next big thing and a new Clutch :)

Well After FCS total c**k up and the timing belt slipping smashing the valves, we opted to get a "tinkered " Engine.

We have fitted a Fully Forged and high compresion engine, with All the singing and dancing. W ehave updated the engine bay to Liquid yellow too thinking this now loks better. Spend nearly 13 hours on the Wires and chopping out the old 172 ECU and loom, results are great looks very very tidy.

Here is a Pic of the new bay, before we tidyed up all the wires

cid_IMG00166-20090720-2233.gif

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
andy

in the original pics the engine was tilted quite far back, was that just to get more clearance for the bodies?

are you doing the same on the new one?

how did you adjust it, with a solid adjustable dogbone?

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
no i mean in this pic

22032009927.jpg

what did you do to get it to tilt like that? i assume something to do with the dogbone?