ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 16V 1991 with Volvo T4 1.9 Turbo Engine

Clio 16V T4 Turbo Engine
Ok i finally got this home, the shell is not in good nick but the engine and gearbox are in and the car is running. engine is the 1.9 turbo running approx 220bhp and should end up about 250 when rolling roaded.

Body work is being done next month so i'll get some photos up when thats done

Its pretty quick but clutch cant handle the power and slips at 5000rpm

Engine went in with a bit of a jiggery pokery, sub frame had to be modified (welded by a farmer and stevie wonder so has to be re-done) and the gearbox is a JC5 unit from the laguna 16v, so is the clutch and flywheel. Drive shafts have then been cut and balanced to suit. So its not an easy conversion

Loom is std Clio with an Omex 600 ecu coupled to some of the T4 sensors, but the oil pressure, oil temp and boost gauges (in the centre consol) have been changed to racetech.

All in all it'll be a nice clio when its done

Let me know your thoughts............
file.php

Clio 16V T4 Turbo Engine
its the 1.9 T4 engine from the S40 yes, std is 200bhp but been remapped for 250bhp

car is nice and quick even if it cant go above 5000rpm as the clutch slips (upgraded one on order from KTR) but it was much quicker than my scooby wagon

Clio 16V T4 Turbo Engine
will be a couple of months to get some more photos up as wheel arches need to be done, properly, need to get the intercooler from KTR to fit behind the front bumper

also have to fit a new clutch and get the engine rolling roaded then i'll get some proper photos up and come and see a few people