ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 16v engine out! new engine ready to go in nearly (pics)

Clio 172
Ah well lots of hard work today and all thanks to craig and sean....

All electrics taken off and disconnected + driveshafts removed
Got old engine out of the car! (what a b*tch)
Painted bottom half of engine bay with underseal
Painted rocker cover red
Painted cam cover red
Fitted new timing belt
Fitted tensioner
Fitted idler
Fitted aux belt
Fitted old gearbox to new engine
Cleaned up engine
Changed engine sensors
Fitted new distributor cap + rotor arm + ht leads to new engine
Put new iscv on
+ Fitted some sh*tty stickers! lol

Tomorrow:

Fit new engine + put back everything
Water pump
Clean all coolant pipes
Clean out oil with engine flush
Put new gaskets on
Fit new set of spark plugs
Put new gearbox oil in
+ whatever turns up!

pics:

clio14tw.jpg

clio9me.jpg

cheese20sc.jpg

engineseal2uf.jpg

Last edited:
  Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
Re: clio 16v engine out! new engine ready to go in (pics)

Why's you're slam panel chopped?

Clio 172
Update:

Put new brake fluid in (5.1)

Polished rocker + started inlet

Put on rocker cover gasket + bolted rocker on

Painted exhaust manifold with black heatproof paint

Waiting for parts now

cover17jj.jpg

cover25be.jpg

cover30va.jpg

Clio 172
Hopfully getting the engine back in tomz if I can get an aux belt tomz (damn renault are shut for parts til tomz! and being a special part only renault seem to stock it!)

Got to finish off the inlet and maybe give the manifold a couple more coats of black.

Tbh before I started the work I was like oh crap costs etc but now its been started I am enjoying every bit and want to make it as gd as possible while all is sorted out of the car.... rather then just stuff another engine in quickly and rushing it.

Anyway will keep you updated :D

Rb 182
clio-16-valver said:
Hopfully getting the engine back in tomz if I can get an aux belt tomz (damn renault are shut for parts til tomz! and being a special part only renault seem to stock it!)

Got to finish off the inlet and maybe give the manifold a couple more coats of black.

Tbh before I started the work I was like oh crap costs etc but now its been started I am enjoying every bit and want to make it as gd as possible while all is sorted out of the car.... rather then just stuff another engine in quickly and rushing it.

Anyway will keep you updated :D

I have been doing mine for about 2-3months now, and the cost do get you down a bit, will be worth it in the end, this was my dearest thing so far tho!

coilover1.gif

Clio 172
Nice :D

2-3 month holy cow! lol

What are you doing to your car?

Take it you still own the blue rt and if so that was already minted b4 you said you are doing work to it.

Don't stick 5.1 in the system use Dot 4. 5.1 needs chnaging ever month or so otherwise it goes hydroscopic ie becomes unless and rusts the brakes setup.

I take it its a 16V shell originally?

Rb 182
clio-16-valver said:
Nice :D

2-3 month holy cow! lol

What are you doing to your car?

Take it you still own the blue rt and if so that was already minted b4 you said you are doing work to it.

Yup still have the blue one, but popping in a cheeky turbo :)

Clio 172
So pissed off!

Could have had my car back a few days ago but now due to renault f**king about it will be atlease another 5 days b4 I get my parts!

They made me go in to pay for the parts b4 they would order them! I have no car so I had to get a m8 to go! They phone to say we messed up the order! and didnt order at all! After I paid! Apes!

Clio 172
Nothing really went wrong.

What was going to go wrong v soon was:

Clutch (??) Basiclly have a brand new clutch on engine I bought for the car + got receipts + service book.
Oil pump (183.00 for part from renault which is the only place I could get it from)
Water pump 26.00 (60 from renault)
Tensioners (got for new engine 50 quid!)
Garage also mentioned somthing about the crankshaft making a noise? I could not hear it! would surly know about that if it was going wrong!
Old engine was a sluggish bastid aswell!
Aux belt had also seen better days.

For all the jobs it would have been worth taking the engine out anyway + cost of parts was stupid so I bought a low miler instead and changed vital parts.

New engine sounds brill :D