ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 16v mk1 pic request!

guys i have just purchased a 16v clio on a L plate, is this the mk1 or mk 1 phase 2. Anyway its completely standard ad i want to put my new wheels on before i slam it as i dont want to be messing with the ride height to much. so please can you post some pics up of your wheels and ride heights.

also what size wheels do i need 4x100pcd but what et??

james

1.8 Civic EX
yours would be a mk1 phase 1 mate...

here's mine. Mk1 phase2, 16" aloys lowerd 35mm all round...

DSCF19801.jpg

DSCF1974.jpg

Last edited:
excellent mate cheers, thats just what i wanted, how much many problems is there from having 17's. btw thats a very nice valver (what do u think to the fitment of the lights, as i just bought mine and thought they were s**t)

james

1.8 Civic EX
17's would rub on full lock and personally I think to get a set of 17's to look right on a valver would be quite a task. Only 17's I like on one of these is dannyboys (blue one)...

abc3.jpg

abc1.jpg

yeah the lights are just too small but thats one of the reasons why I'm keeping the eye brows on as it fills the gap! haha

EP3 Civic Type R
Have a soft spot for white cars and white Valvers are no exception...that looks well!!! :)

EP3 Civic Type R
Bout 80/90mm I'd say at the back, pretty much as low as it will go on the torsion bar without it being stupid...

Unsure at the front but the coilovers have plenty of wind down left if I wanted to go lower!

LY 200
My olden on both 17's and 15's down 60mm....No problems mate.

Cant say i struggled with rubbing at 2 up, the only rubblin i ever got was 4 up on bumpy roads but wasnt anything to cry about really!!!

clio009.jpg

Picture056.jpg

EP3 Civic Type R
^^ KlMillard...Those pics are pretty old. Is that valver still about and if so any new piccies?

many thanks for the pics guys, really torn between 16's or 17's now, i really like the 16 speedline turinis but then again the blue valver with 17 6 spoke looks really really nice.

if i get 17's will they bolt straight on or do i have to remove the inner arch or anything like that

james

EP3 Civic Type R
17's will go straight on...but trust me, you will not feel the same benifits you would with 15's.

I bought mine with 17's on, it looked good and handled ok. Changed to 15's as soon as I could and it was like a completely different car. There is NO comparrison. Go for 15's or 16's at a max (imo)

I used to have 17's and they felt fine but when I put my standard Turbine 15's on (whilst 17's where referbed) it felt so so so much better. I nearly wanted to get some 15's for good. This was back in 03 when you had to have 17's but now times have changed. I would go 15's or 16's but make sure they are lightweight.

Audi TT 225 Quattro
heres 2 of mine, my old 1 with 17's and what i got now with 15's and widetrack, both were/are on coilovers...
DSC01501.jpg

DSCF1675Medium.jpg

Toureg vW Transporte
I had them custom made, they were 375 quid and the biggest crock of shite i have ever bought
,they look ok on that picture though. the 3rd set of 17s i bought were masitaly vt7s
heres another pic of them lights
clio16v.jpg

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Mine.....

Attachments

• STA70123.jpg
    STA70123.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 67
  • STA70122.jpg
    STA70122.jpg