ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 16v reviews.

megane coupe F7R

Has anybody ever read an older review about one? All i seem to have ever read about is how good the 205 gti is:cry: and the golf gti:cry:. Also i have read older reviews on the williams. It seems that the williams stole the Valvers glory big time. In my opinion the 16v is just has good handling as the 205/golf and the williams. Valver and Willy are practically the same. Why are the 205/golfs more of an icon?

Titanium 182

auto car did review the car back in 1994

sure some one posted the aritcles

its was reviewed against the fiesta rs1800 and the 5gt

Quote: Originally posted by Andyvalver on 28 November 2004

In my opinion the 16v is just has good handling as the 205/golf and the williams.
Apparently, the wider track on a Williams makes more difference than youd think..

megane coupe F7R

Didnt realise the willy had a wider track until a minute ago. Found an old topic from a search.Topic = Williams vs Valver. Which is best

[Edited by Andyvalver on 28 November 2004 at 1:40pm]

Quote: Originally posted by Andyvalver on 28 November 2004

Didnt reaise the willy had a wider track until a minute ago. Found an old topic from a search.Topic = Williams vs Valver. Which is best
Yea, quite a few differences you dont realise either.. hehe.

Even down to no brake ducts on the Williams! :D

Vee dub

I have two mags from 1992 and 1994 that review the valver

Ones is the a6v vs the rs1800 fiesta (valver comes out trumps!)

The other is a really good review

Tom

Vee dub

In one of the mags, it shows a 85 yr old lady (ish) that was an ex race driver. She wanted to change cars and she tested the corrado vr6 and a red valver.......

Yep, she chose the valver! :D

Handling etc round B roads it really shined!

Havnt heard much in terms of comparisons between golf and 205 - be interesting tho!

megane coupe F7R

"Havnt heard much in terms of comparisons between golf and 205 - be interesting tho!"

Thats what im on about. Never seen a review with 205/golf. Oh well.

LY 200

Id like to see some revies too!!

Does anyone know if it was a well respected car back in the day like the 172/182s are now??

Vee dub

Quote: Originally posted by JayR on 28 November 2004

Id like to see some revies too!!

Does anyone know if it was a well respected car back in the day like the 172/182s are now??
From what I have been reading it was mate :D

One mag gave it stars for each sesction i.e. interior, handling etc. The only one that let it down was interior noise lol

one quote was "Renault have achieved a new class standard for civilised speed"

Also goes onto say that road handling manner is a class above any competitor

Tom