ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 16valver cup going to be f4r from Holland

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
this is seriously by far the most spot on restauration project on a clio in the Netherlands!
what do you mean with the new rear brakes Jacob? conversion or just OE brand new?

Clio 16valver cup
this is seriously by far the most spot on restauration project on a clio in the Netherlands!
what do you mean with the new rear brakes Jacob? conversion or just OE brand new?

hey arthur, the brakes are brand new. just original. the brackets and bolds are gold idea galvanised

Clio 16valver cup
helpppp!!!!!!
Does someone have a guide to make the engine loom of a clio 2.0 f4r ready to fit on the plug in in the black box from the 16 valver??? And also wich wires can be deleted on the f4r loom???

or has somebody a complete instruction to make the f4r 182 ready in a mk1 with original interior loom. pm me for my e mail adress.

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
It isn't all that hard Jacob!
First try to source a wiring schedule of the clio 16v plug and the f4r plug.

Then just replug it. When for instance a yellow wire is for temp. You source the wire from the temp. Sensor and make sure it's going to be connected to the yellow one...

Maybe there's more to it but you could atleast do 50-75% this way

Clio 16valver cup
i know arthur but sometimes it's easyer if someone has it complete :p

Tonight i have been busy to change the inlet manifold. The box with the sparking cables (What is the name again) is going of.

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
Have a look in f0xy & whiteley's project threads, they've done the conversion & iirc whiteley has a plug & play wiring loom for sale ;)

Clio 16valver cup
thanks. i'l contact whitley, i have a phase 2 computer and a electric throtthle wich is going to be a normal one. Is it possible in the computer to set the electric throttle of?

Clio 16valver cup
i want to order the uprated engine mounts for my project. I must order the set for the clio rs phase 1??? i have the rs gearboxmount is that correct? Somebody pictures of how he did it?

Clio 16valver cup
decided to go for a stand alone system kms kroonenburg motor managment. Also ordered last week parts at k tec. hopefully arrive wednesday. i have inlets wich have rs stamped in is that 172 of 182?? the alu engine parts ar now cleaned and the oxidation is most out of it so ready to paint.

Clio 16valver cup
an update: The whole engine is almost resprayed in high gloss black. only the under block needs to resprayed. Can somebody help me wich alternator brackets i need to use. i know that one of the renault 5 gtx but wich one mounted on the engine? rs or valver.

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
Sounds very nice Jacob! I should take a peak at your place sometime!

If you don't use PAS (stuurbekrachtiging) or aircon you could use the 5 gtx brackets. To see some pics of it look at my project page of the 9... (volvo 340/440 uses the same system but with PAS possibility)

Clio 16valver cup
hey arthur,

the coffee is than ready :p your gearbox is also still here. Do you have the gtx brackets?

greetings

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
Lol! Your english really sucks Jacob :p
I will make an arrangement with you soon :)

I use the volvo ones, did you take a peek in my topic on RTC?

Grtz

Clio 16valver cup
tonight i have picked up the volvo brackets for the alternator. friday the last engine parts will be painted in high gloss black. Hopefully next week the engine the engine ready to fit.
So here comes the next question:
- Witch waterhoses and radiator do you use.
- and can i fit a 182 exhaust manifold or does it has to be welded?

Clio 16valver cup
since last update a lot has been done. the engine is ready to install, lots op interior parts are painted in suede coating.
here are the pictures:

Last edited:
  R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
Code:
Looks very tidy Jacob!
I'm very busy so that's the reason i didn't show up yet.
Where are your brake lines for the rear brakes?

I think you could just use Sport radiator and hoses or just the original.

Clio 16valver cup
Update:
Thanks Edwin for the help this evening.

Question wich hoses and radiator do i need to use?? And do i have the right injectorrail or do i need the other one.

Last edited:
  Clio 16valver cup
today i've been busy with the loom for the alternator, starter, rear signal and the fan. The rest is going to work with the kms system.

Clio 16valver cup

It's this screen witch comes in place of the original
http://youtu.be/MpXp2657kYM

Lots of work has been done last time.There is still a lot to do.
Last week i've picked up the kms system. Standalone managment.

Does anybody now where the picture stands how to fit a 182 exhaust manifold in the valver?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
182 manifold won't fit past the 16v/williams subframe mate.

172 is what you need.

Clio 16valver cup
damn that is pitty. I thought i have sawn a thread where somebody made bushes in the manifold to extend.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
When I converted my car, there was no way a 182 manifold would fit.

That was a long time ago though so things may have changed.

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
looks very nice Jacob! still have to visit you someday but i'm very very busy atm....
is the dash flocked? and what paint did you use on the engine and gearbox?

Clio 16valver cup
Hey arthur,

The dash is not flocked. The complete interior is painted in "suede" The gearbox and engine are sprayed at the painter so i thought there is a undercoating the black and a blank highgloss topcoat i thought.