ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLIO 172, CLIO Williams, 5 Turbo. Which is BEST

This question is always asked in magazines and reviews. But I have to say after having driven all 3 i would say that the 172 is the best of three. It just gives me the feeling that whenever you are driving it economically/normally theres a 2.0 litre 16v 170 bhp monster just waiting to come out bite you! Although the other two are no slouches, 172 is the one for me. Wot do all you think?

i would have to go for the willy as

a)i have a 172 and although fast, to get any extra out of it is hard. No parts available for it. handling is a little too much on teh tame/safe/predictable side/

b)the Gtt is a wicked car and looks ace as std, well. maybe with 13" superlights rather than the OE wheels. and the engine can be tunned to withing 1 nano-sec of its life. but is old and dont handle as well as the willy.

c) the willy, no other choice....yuo can go balls out on it!

i would have to go for the willy as

a)i have a 172 and although fast, to get any extra out of it is hard. No parts available for it. handling is a little too much on teh tame/safe/predictable side/

b)the Gtt is a wicked car and looks ace as std, well. maybe with 13" superlights rather than the OE wheels. and the engine can be tunned to withing 1 nano-sec of its life. but is old and dont handle as well as the willy.

c) the willy, no other choice....yuo can go balls out on it!

Clio 197

Ive not had the opportunity to either drive or lap in close proximity to the other two but yesterday I was able to do a full lap of the ring just behind a fellow Willy driver. His car was rally prepped and was putting out a bit more than stock HP but we were well matched nevertheless. It really is amazing just how tossable these cars are and the way they respond to adjustments mid-turn.

I would like to see just how the Willy would stack up against the other two.

Unfortunately, most of the hatches at the ring are VW GTIs. Some of the really trick ones are a decent match but most just dont have the power or the handling that the Willy has.

ah...except the ringmini!!

now that is a cool car!

BTW, how long does it take you to drive to the ring, supposing from the UK.

and i know the whole experience is graet, but how much would a weekend cost..i mean, if im at the track, i would do about 6 laps ni the day hopefully.....tyres permitting.

i am planning to take my AE86, when its finished.......but a few months to go yet.

will sell my clio to fund it........oops, should i of said that!?

Clio 197

Yes,

The ringmini is a very special car and the driver knows the place rather well. I havent seen him in action but from what I hear it is something else.

I havent a clue as to the expences coming from the UK as I am based in Luxembourg, just and hour and a quarter away.

Check out Ben Lovejoys site:

http://www.nurburgring.org.uk/photolap.html

and the ringers mailing list. There are a bunch of lads there who can fill you in on the details.

Take the Clio the first time.

Ed

its an RT and boring as sh*t.

the 170bhp RWD AE86 will be much more fun!!!

i have got a vid of teh ringmini if you want. Its the full lap, and rather spesh.....pretty big though...got any large email space?