ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 Cup + AST + KW Content inside

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Purchased ben_p's KW V2 coil overs off him that were forsale.

Had them fitted along with my AST Adjustable top mounts I got in the recent Group By on here, by www.wheels-inmotion.co.uk who I cant recommend enough, Top service and a good price, Had all the Caster and Camber set up to suit Track day's

AST Mounts in their new home -

DSC00426.jpg

DSC00427-1.jpg

DSC00428.jpg

And the car Sitting on its new Coil Overs -

DSC00425.jpg

DSC00425-1.jpg

DSC00424.jpg

DSC00423.jpg

DSC00422.jpg

DSC00421.jpg

DSC00425.jpg

Had to cut out a bit of the arch liner today as it was Scrubbing when conering hard, and hammer out a small bit of the metal work under the arch where it was scrubbing but hopefully thats all sorted now, I'm yet to take it out for a drive!

Gez

Yozza'd 182 RB 188bhp
Cool setup, but the front looks very high considering.
On the top mounts, why are the top platform parts bolted to the turrets in different directions? ie drivers side facing the passenger side and passenger facing the front?

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
Just set sup for caster by the looks of it, maybe one was already running high caster from factory!?

Looks sweet btw!

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
The front is down probably about 2.5" and the back buy about 1.5" i would say, I have sorted out about 99% of the scrubbing I was getting from the front by cutting away at the arch liner a little.

Just need to work out where its still catching, it only does it on hard cornering.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Just set sup for caster by the looks of it, maybe one was already running high caster from factory!?

Looks sweet btw!

They did explain the set up, but i didnt understand LOL

I know its running a fair bit of camber.

you may know it, clio?
Ha i know, that round about with those new houses is a killer!

i just realised you live on little bushey lane

Last edited:

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Ha i know, that round about with those new houses is a killer!

i just realised you live on little bushey lane

Yes mate LOL, that bump is a bit better now they have fixed the patch of road that was missing though!

Chiltern Avenue, Turn right along Coldharbour Lane past the School FTW ;)

b/g 182, meg tourer
looks awesome. seems about the right height to handle well, not too low. top mounts look great!

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
The Top Mounts are Great, Seems to have cured allot of Creaking and clonking I was getting from the OEM ones Although that noise had now been replaced with bumps and bangs from the Solid Damper set up LOL.

Steering is so much more direct now as well, i sometimes catch myself coming into a bend and thinking S**t to fast as you just dont get any body roll anymore.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Well After a quick drive last night, The scrubbing is still there :(

Its improved a bit where I cut away a little of the arch liner, Looks like I will have to have another look after a few more miles for Scrubbing marks.

looking top notch j, thanks for posting this link in the ast top mounts GB. looking forward to getting mine through. may i ask how much fitting was, and then setup? PM if necessary.

cheers

jamie

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
so this is why it was recieving a good spruce the other day!

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
FRont isnt higher , look sills they are going down. Hopkins did the same whn i had H&R's on my 172. I think its just the fact that the wheel doesnt fill the arch and gives an illusion.