ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 Cup Problem With Engine Help!!

Audi A3/Clio 200
Started car this morning, started ok then it started idling all funny thought nothing of it, drove about 10 metres and the management light started blinking :mad:. Engine feels like it aint firing properly can smell petrol and car has no power. was fine last night please help guys.

no other light are lit but the engine light is constantly on and engine is shaking very badly like it wants to cut out but its reving at normal idling revs not irratic but is making an irratic noise like only half the engine is werking.

car is clio 2002 172 cup. bought it last month had cliosport stickers in window so i'm guessing it belonged to sum1 on here plate begins YH52 J, ring any bells?:)

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
sounds like the engine has been washed and the coil pack has got wet, trust me !! taking it off and drying it will NOT solve the problem, just get a new one, will feel like new again :)

mine has done this twice after washing engine, took me the 2nd wash to realise why lol

Audi A3/Clio 200
thanks guys hope that sorts it will get plugs and leads checked too, will let you know how i get on. so its def nothing sinister then?

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
1.jpg

Audi A3/Clio 200
sad to say it wasnt the coil pack just changed that myself. i also noticed the throttle body makes a load constant wine when the ignition is on. is it supposed to do that?

Clean the throttle body and use some wd40 to lube it up again then see what its like after

if not theres not much point in replacing things as it could be a number of things trust me i know.

ive replaced almost everything that it could be and found out it was the crank shaft sensor

Audi A3/Clio 200
Clean the throttle body and use some wd40 to lube it up again then see what its like after

if not theres not much point in replacing things as it could be a number of things trust me i know.

ive replaced almost everything that it could be and found out it was the crank shaft sensor

how do i get it off is it straight forward is there any gaskets i need to get?

111s
Did you check the plugs too. I drove mine home with a misfire when my CP broke. Put a new one on, still misfired. CHanged the plugs too and all was fine.

Audi A3/Clio 200
replaced leads and plugs cars running smooth as silk. sorted

In summary coil pack and leads where the problem