ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 Cup! Various Questions :)

LY R26
Hey everyone,
Ive just sold my Saxo VTS from 2001.

I have my eye on a Clio 172 Cup, bloo_joo's one in the for sale section.
Is there anything I should particularly look for?

I intend to get a 172 Cup, first few changes will be to change the indicator bulbs (pathetic but effective),
ITG Panel Filter
and purchase my Private Plate.

Exhaust wise. Is a K~Tec Stealth any good? Is there any other similar priced better stealth exhaust systems?!

When changing the pads and discs,
can anyone reccomend me some good, but fair priced (Bang for buck) decent pads and disks?

Ontop of this....
is it worth buying H&R Coilovers eventually, or is the standard Cup suspension adequate?

....Much love :)

172 Credit crunch edition
Nout wrong with a cat d car mate as long as its been repaired properly and it drives as it should then you genrally get yourself a bargain!

porsche 944 - 80's ftw!
I paid £2000 for my cat D cup then another grand on bits spraying and a cambelt + auxbelt and that was ages ago.

LY R26
Sure;
well I was looking for a clean car ideally not an insurance write off. DazG ty for the advice

LY R26
Well theres one close to home I can look at tonight (172 cup)

its on 52k miles and aux belt and cambelt havent been changed yet he's saying it doesnt need to be changed til 72k?
Renault told me monday @ 52k Cambelt needs to be changed,
and @ 30k auxbelt needs changing?

Car only has 2 months MOT and he's asking 5,300 ono for it.

LY R26
Im getting so many clueless views from renault/dealers its quite shocking.

the guys saying he'll re-MOT it and pay for both belt changes to be done?

178hp 172 Cup
dude there are plenty of decent cups for upto 6k!!!

from my experience H&R's make the car so much better than standard!! it really transforms the car!! especially if u get it set up properly!!! ok with setup and H&R's u wont get much change for a grand but IMO its worth it!!

as for brakes it all depends wot u want?? fast road or track?? my upgrade consisted of Brembo High Carbon Discs, Pagid Blue Pads and Moquip Braided Hoses!! i am sure most will agree that the Brembo HC are very good for the money!! but pad choice varies!! the reason i went for Pagid's is coz i know they dont fade easily on track!!! tbh they aint too bad either on the road when cold!! although i hear DS2500's are better road pads!!

LY R26
Boys!
Rapid response required,

172 cup, 5,6k ono.
30,300 miles

52 plate,
cambelts been done
needs aux belt @ 56k.
full renault history
couple of tiny scratches on rear bumper.
7 months tax and MOT.
Ktec stealth exhaust
been lowered 20mm on Springs...
Service light is on,
so is airbag light?

other than that.
perfect, tidy car!

opinions?

+++ has a stealth shelf w/ 6x9s and pipercross open filter which are off the car...could make £100 back on these too!?

172 Credit crunch edition
service and airbag light will be down to the wiring under the seat, easy fix just hardwire them together.
£5600?? sounds good mate

LY R26
News! Just purchased it for 5,400! seems a cracking car.
pick it up tomorrow @ 6!

Any takers how much fuel I do in a night!?! :D

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Good luck dude

Here was mne on H&R's
DSC01134.jpg

DSC01132.jpg

DSC01152.jpg

Best looking MK2 RS by a long way!!!!! Miss it :(

LY R26
yours looks bloody stunning bud.
*orders his ITG Panel filter as we speak*
any idea where I can get the right size Samco 90 degree for the standard airbox?

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I have the ITG panel filter on mine and Pro-speed SS stealth exhaust.

There are some minters out there.

Kully's Cup has been played with (185ish Bhp)and is in mint condition (it will be in the For Sale section somewhere). I can vouch for it. :)

*Edit* Found it http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=294193 Its £6,750 but has had a few quid spent getting the performance up.

LY R26
ahh ok!
was impressed it is a seperate bulb on a clio,
my Saxo was a double filamenty thingy.
dipped and main in the same housing.

thankyou matey!
will be purchasing one tomorrow :)

+1 on the H&Rs 172 Cups are the best looking RS Clios fact. Combo of the turinis and the colour I think.

LY R26
Looks amazing,
gonna save for some H&Rs then boys!

Can anyone tell me why I cant post in "For Sale"?

LY R26
Cheers boss,
will do when I get in!
couple of things to sell ;)

Im in a bit of a dilemma people too...

Do I
a.) Buy my personal plate
"K77RL C" Reads Karl C.

or

b.) Cheaper option, buy front and rear strut braces in yummy anthracite and get a 90 bend bit of Samco for my Original Airbox?

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
I had 172 cup about a year ago, bought it for 6.2k with 12k miles on a 53 plate 2004.

should be able to pick a nice one up for £5k!!

172, Tiguan
Front one certainly isn't necessary. Strut tops are to near the A pillar. A worthwhile mod is the strut top mod thing Ben was selling a few weeks back.