ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 172 cup

arctic 182 ff
hi all just a quick one,ive been ofered a de-cat pipe for my clio 172 cup 03 reg,i allready have a cat back stainless system which gives off quite a bit of noise,(more so a drone at motorway speeds),would i get any power gains from adding the de-cat ? also problems with management lights ? and what about noise dont want it sounding like ive fitted a bean can and rasping away thanks gaz :D

Mondeo TDCI 130
You will hardly get f**k all power advantage, the sensor light MAY come on, mine has been on 30000 miles with no light, it will be louder, try it and see!!!

arctic 182 ff
mmm,sounds like i mite just leave it then,do u know if all clios give off a drone sort of noise at motorway speeds with stainless systems fitted ? mine starting to irratate me a bit the make is blueflame

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
LOL at 6bhp.

I've had a decat on mine for the last 70k miles or so, and I've still got no emissions warning light showing.

Something to do with the 172 Cup engines - quite a few have decats and show no lights - don't think anyone really understands why though.

RS RIP
sorry for hogging your thread ;) ; does the decat also give a nice difference in comparison to my sportscat ?

hi all just a quick one,ive been ofered a de-cat pipe for my clio 172 cup 03 reg,i allready have a cat back stainless system which gives off quite a bit of noise,(more so a drone at motorway speeds),would i get any power gains from adding the de-cat ? also problems with management lights ? and what about noise dont want it sounding like ive fitted a bean can and rasping away thanks gaz :D
Could have asearched this is discussed a lot.