ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 cup

Jamess182

ClioSport Club Member
Sits just fine mate. My VMaxx Coilovers sit a little lower than yours, and they've got much further to go- but your Bilsteins will outhandle them all day long, it's called compromising!

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
I don't know why I subscribed to this.
Genuinely the only car I regret selling, even with my current 182 and my Toyota Supra I miss this so much :(
I have held off spending anything on the 182 as I know I'll keep comparing it to this and then things will snowball

The one thing I will say is I'm really pleased to see it's being looked after. I was assured it would be by the previous owner but seeing the state you bought it in saddened me.
You're looking after it really well though and I have to admit you haven't done a single thing that gets my dissaproval...yet ;)

Keep up the good work mate!

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Got the cup out the garage as the weathers good and grabbed a couple of quick pictures before going for a drive
IMAG1702.jpg
IMAG1701.jpg
IMAG1700.jpg
IMAG1699.jpg

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Looks great this, don't know whether I have seen the thread before, does it come out of the garage often, looks clean ?

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Does look great, any plans for it? I loved my cup ?

Some pure Motorsport bits, rear arb, top mounts and brace, would like couple of Corbeau clubsport seats or similar, safety device rear cage with rear seat delete but retaining carpet, 888r tyres. Not much , lol.

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Some pure Motorsport bits, rear arb, top mounts and brace, would like couple of Corbeau clubsport seats or similar, safety device rear cage with rear seat delete but retaining carpet, 888r tyres. Not much , lol.
Their always has to be a list, sounds like what I was thinking of doing with mine before I sold it, kind of a clubsport type of spec, sounds good, look forward to seeing it

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
mine was on sportlines but I couldn't resist the almost brand new bilsteins when they come up for sale on here and im glad I did.

mine was on sportlines but I couldn't resist the almost brand new bilsteins when they come up for sale on here and im glad I did.

Don't blame you! Bilsteins are so nice - I installed a set on my old E46 325i once and loved them. Pricey though :(

Compared to the standard cup springs, I'm amazed how much better sportlines are though. Plus it no longer looks like it's on stilts at the front:
cup.JPG

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Small update. Cups been tucked away the last 3 weeks in the garage as I was away on holiday, started up no problem and been using it all weekend. Insurance came up for renewal so owned it a year now. Got it fully comp for £165 on limited mileage policy. Bought something Iv been w
IMAG1752.jpg
IMAG1754.jpg
anting to get for it for ages. Need to get a boss for it. Already have ph1 stalk. 330mm sparco suede wheel.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Next up I wanted to get a rear arb. Was going to get the pms one but then this whiteline came up on here and is practically new and was 100 quid delivered so bit of a bargain. Will be fitting it asap.
IMAG1787.jpg
IMAG1787.jpg

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
I do indeed. They do make a big difference to cornering. Can be twitchy in the wet iirc, but this only comes out the garage in the dry

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Got the whiteline arb on and gave it a quick wash. Been looking at seats for the car and should have an update on that soon. I also really want a rear roll cage just because I think they look cool and make the car a bit more special so on lookout for safety devices one.
IMAG1836.jpg
IMAG1827.jpg
IMAG1826.jpg
IMAG1829.jpg
IMAG1833.jpg

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Update. I had been on the lookout for some corbeau clubsports so when these came up on the cliosport owners Scotland page on facebook and being local I snapped them up. In xl size which I wanted and with Omp subframes so ready to bolt in. The drivers side has a runner fitted which makes it sit higher and is considerably heavier with it so I wil be removing it prior to fitting. Anyway they are in mint condition and I'm delighted with them.
IMAG1870.jpg

IMAG1869.jpg

IMAG1865.jpg

IMAG1862.jpg

-Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
Love the seats mate. Literally transformed the driving experience for me as the original seats are sat miles too high and don’t fit with the ethos of the car. Renault should’ve given the Cup buckets in the first place.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Not fitted the seats yet, but had it out garage for first time in a bit this weekend, had fellow MK2 sport owner asking if I was selling and policeman chatting about it and how he had a trophy few years back and was showing me pics on his phone. Love this wee car
received_334944990447168.jpeg

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Pms shifter fitted. Loving it. Seats are not in yet, turns out the driver's side omp subframe that came with them (second hand) is cracked. It's only small and could be welded but I'm going to get a jon foz xlow one instead. Looking at getting safety devices rear cage and run harnesses with the seats. Couple of pics
IMG_20190420_101022.jpg
IMG_20190420_101127.jpg
IMG_20190420_101102.jpg
IMG_20190420_101041.jpg