ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 + Engine Bay...

Hello!! Just finished cleaning the Clio, What do you think!??

Some Pictures...

Marcelo

pic.php
[/URL][/IMG]

pic.php
[/URL][/IMG]

pic.php
[/URL][/IMG]

pic.php
[/URL][/IMG]

pic.php
[/URL][/IMG]

pic.php
[/URL][/IMG]

pic.php
[/URL][/IMG]

pic.php
[/URL][/IMG]

pic.php
[/URL][/IMG]

pic.php
[/URL][/IMG]

pic.php
[/URL][/IMG]

not keen on the wheels but mighty fine example of a ph-quick

you do know that that airfilter will be sucking in hot air and so cause a fairly large drop in torque and power? :)

jamie

APR LCR225
not keen on the wheels but mighty fine example of a ph-quick

you do know that that airfilter will be sucking in hot air and so cause a fairly large drop in torque and power? :)

jamie

Aint a ph-quick mate;)

Stick your standard box on with an itg or an enclosed induction kit if i were you too mate, i saw fantastic improvements on my cup when changing the k&n cone i bought it with for a bmc cda:)

Lovely clean looking car mate:cool:

APR LCR225
Thanks Dan!! What do you think about this one!??

http://www.knfilters.com/universal/apollo.htm

Yeah mate, should do a better job than the open kit, not heard much about them though to be honest.. id go for a BMC carbon dynamic airbox myself as i have one and rate it highly...cost around 160 quid if i recall correctly. If youve got a spare 350 odd quid though you could get an ITG maxogen for the best performing induction kit you can buy;)

clio 182
just to add? i had a pipercross viper on my clio 182 and lost 5bhp.. £240 down the drain

CX-7,westfield,ix20
If it's a decent enough filter...why notjust make your own cold air box for it and save some £££'s?

That's what I'm doing to my 182.

APR LCR225
Heard good and bad about the viper, nothing about the apollo though. Have found that the bmc performs very well and looks/sounds the part. Will be no better for performance than standard box with itg panel though no doubt. Just get a nice roar from it and it looks good. I bought it to replace the open cone the car came with;)

like i said, have experienced the standard airbox with itg panel, k&n open cone, BMC CDA, and Itg maxogen, and the BMC performs very well if you cant stump up 350 quid for the maxogen!

Mk4 XR3i 90 - spec
Cause you're on ClioSport, if it's not got turini's or standard wheels then it looks strange to this lot.

I quite like it, but agree about the air filter, it'll sound good but will lose some power.

Cause you're on ClioSport, if it's not got turini's or standard wheels then it looks strange to this lot.

HEHEHEH...

Its not that strange :D ... I am working on my Custom Build Airflter and will post some pictures when ready...

pic.php
[/URL][/IMG]

pic.php
[/URL][/IMG]

pic.php
[/URL][/IMG]

pic.php
[/URL][/IMG]

Marcelo

Now i feel better about my wheels hahaha...

By the way i got Federals 204-45-16 and i like them a lot!! Nice handling fo me...

I had Nankangs, i dont know if its spelled coorrectly, but i didnt like them; It was a nightmare when i had to break, the Clio felt horrible....!!!

Marcelo

HEY, BEAUTIFUL CAR. I LIKE YOUR RIMS. ALSO OF THE INTAKE THAT MODIFICATIONS DO YOU ARE?

I dont get it?? That if i did the Aluminum thing that is close to the Air Filter?? If so yes i did it, and Just need to find a new and better Airfilter to do my Custom Airbox, Like the one Andy Did..

Regards

Marcelo