ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 172 engine swap

clio
First off Hi everyone!!
I have the usual 1.2 2005 clio and I'm interested in doing the usual 172 transplant. To Let all the haters and flamers on here know I'm a mechanic and I've done a few ones like this before, c20let corsa conversions etc. What's not usual is I have a cat c 2003 172 sat there doin nowt which saves any costly Hassle of buying the bits! . Now Ill be using the engine, box, shafts, subframe, suspension, hubs and back axle. I'll also be taking the wiring loom ecu and ignition switch with key whilst retaining the standard look about the car so don't need bumpers interior etc What I want to know is,is this just merely a swap and drop job like for like? Does the engine loom just stay with engine and ecu or does the interior loom have to be adapted in any way?
And before the usual suspects on here all try to down me with smart ass insurance remarks DON'T WORRY, IT'LL BE INSURED!
Thanks to all the genuine helpful ones on here in advance

1.7 cdti
Maybe the problems are cos he used the search bar and read peoples "helpful" replies on other simular threads !! Hes only covering his bases to save himself time with the cs trolls !!

clio
Maybe the problems are cos he used the search bar and read peoples "helpful" replies on other simular threads !! Hes only covering his bases to save himself time with the cs trolls !!

Thankyou very much! I wasent being smart but like you said I did use the search bar and all the posts I seen were folk like me looking for technical/mechanical help and instead were warned/ridiculed about their ideas. Not making for a so called community.

1.7 cdti
Thankyou very much! I wasent being smart but like you said I did use the search bar and all the posts I seen were folk like me looking for technical/mechanical help and instead were warned/ridiculed about their ideas. Not making for a so called community.
don't worry , you'll be ok once your post count is over 5000 :dapprove:

clio
don't worry , you'll be ok once your post count is over 5000 :dapprove:
Haha don't worry judging by the way I've been reading other posts I won't be bothering putting any more than what I've already done. Nice to see there are decent folk on here