ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 fires

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner

After reading the posts on the 172s setting on fire on their own I decided to get myself an extinguisher as a precaution.

Got a nice little silver powder jobby for electrical fires etc.. from asda at the wkend for £9.94. Goes nice with the silver touches inside the car ;)

Worth investing in if you were shocked like me by those photos posted!!

Not a bad idea but I dunno whether to leave it in the car all the time as both of the fires so far have been when the car has been parked up. Not much good having it in the car if you cant get to it cos it is on fire. Might be worth getting two of them and keep one in the house.

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner

Good point! might bob back tonight and get another. Could do with one in the house anyway.

Quote: Originally posted by nobfenn on 01 June 2004

Clios are made of paper and plastic thats why that catch fire hahahahahah
Oh no, not this mother f**ker again - you have issues, serious issues. You probably hear voices and think you are a carrot or something - saying that , you probably have ginger hair so i guess that would explain it. I think your tea is ready now - dont forget to watch newsround and stop playing with your willy because you will get a rash. f**king prick.

Its happened to three 172s that have been on here, no doubt Michelle (hippychick) has more info on these.