ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clio 172 Fuel Pump Into mk1

Clio RT
Hi there, been a while since I last posted but am in desperate need of some help with the fuelling for my mk1 throttle bodied Clio. The car is set up and mapped to run at 3 bar fuel pressure and the standard pump has died. On pulling the pump there is quite a bit of crap in the bottom of the 'sump' in the tank, but the pump is also only rated as 1-2 bar so.I think I've been giving it a hard time lol. Having done a bit of research I've found that 172's run at 3 bar and early cars have a return set up rather than the later returnless.

What I'd like to know is whether the 172 fuel sender assembly with the float etc will fit in a mk1 tank? Alternatively what fuel pressure does a mk1 16v Clio run?

Ta,

Nic

Clio RT
Has nobody tried this before then? What do people do when swapping the 172/182 engines into mk1's ?

I'll have a search through some of the engine swap build threads, see what info crops up there.

Nic

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I use a walbro 255lph pump in the mark 1 sender setup, works fine, just a little mod to the casing of the sender and solder the wires and done :)