ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 HATES water!!?????????

Anyone else have this problem?

I have a '51 plate 172 sport, induction kit, engine cover missing.

Could be the cause of the problem? i'm unsure??

Whenever it rains really bad and I go through a fe puddles, engine management light comes on and drives like a DOG!!

Is this a common problem, or do you think it could be coz engine cover is missing and water getting in etc???

ARGGHHHHHH!!!!

cheers
Matt

1.8 Civic EX
won't be because of the engine cover I think...as Cups don't have them as standard..

what induction kit you got on?

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
When i first got mine this happend to me too. On very wet days and a few humid days in the summer. (ESP SEV and ! lights came on.). found if i turned the car off and back on it would fix it. hasnt happend since i sprayed the hole engine bay in wd40 (two years ago) which i do every 3-4 months now. didnt effect the way the car drove etc tho + abs/traction control still worked even if the lights were on.

ML

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Could be moisture working its way in down the plug holes.... i had some in there and it ran like a dog.......The water sits in there and cant get out