ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 low pressure turbo conversion help.

172 turbo 'cup'
Currently fitting a conversion to a 172 cup and have become stuck!
Does anyone know where the turbo oil drain connects to the engine block? The oil return pipe does not seem to be long enough. Got no insturctions from K-tec and need it fished today!

Cheers

ITB'd MK1
You need to take the sump off and tap a 3/4bsp hole in the back of it, it needs to be on the flat part of the sump between the strengthening ribs.

Hope this helps.

172 turbo 'cup'
cheers do you know if you need a boost solonoid or does the ecu and the map sensor control the boost as i said no instrutions and parts missing having a nightmare

172 turbo 'cup'
Thats what i thought i think im just going to have to wait and speak to
k-tec tomrrow Thanks

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
Mate any more problems and I'll be more than happy to give you a hand, I only live in sunderland and have a bit of first hand experience with turbo clios. :)

Steve

172 turbo 'cup'
Mate any more problems and I'll be more than happy to give you a hand, I only live in sunderland and have a bit of first hand experience with turbo clios. :)

Steve

Thanks for the offer mate. It's nearly completed now but I might have a few questions at a later date. :D

Cheers again.

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
One thing i would recommend is plumbing in some water cooling, garrett don't install there turbos with water jackets for no reason.

172 turbo 'cup'
One thing i would recommend is plumbing in some water cooling, garrett don't install there turbos with water jackets for no reason.

Thanks mate. It's already been sorted for water cooling. You would think it was supplied in the kit for the price!