ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 Ph2 Engine Rev Limiter!!!

172 Cup & Black Ph1
hey people,

driving the cup today took it right over the rev range and hit the limiter before i knew it! which was around 6800rpm, BUT then another 10 minutes down the road did it again and the limiter went to 7200rpm and kept on going to 7200rpm. Any ideas? Im thinking maybe the first time round the engine wasnt at full temp it was about half way up i think? Any answers to this would settle my mind lol, just to add had the cambelt and dephaser done today so was a spirited test run.

172 Cup & Black Ph1
ok cheers guys, did some digging and found a thread of google last night, should have thought of that first really lol!

106GTI / NovaC20LET
You should always warm your engine! Even when water temp is up leave it another 5 / 10 mins for oil temp. You will be murdering your internals and halving the life of your engine. You see it all to often people thrashing it from cold.