ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 Phase 1 Cambelt

clio 172
Hi All
Just booked my Clio 172 in for Cambelt and aux belt change including all cams and tensioners it comes to 450.00 all in , think this is a tad cheap so asked if he was using genuine renault Parts but he said they were German swedish which he said are better, Is this the case ?.

German sweedish & french are a parts supplier, the same as euro car parts are.
It'll probably be made by the same company as the renault one, but it won't come in a renault box. Only way to see if it's the same maker is to look at one from them & one from renault.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Mine was £10 cheaper and he put a new waterpump on.

Seems a faily average price.

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
I used non Renault parts on my hot rod and look what happened..

explosion.jpg

Lionel Richie
he won't be replacing the aux belt tensioner or idler pulley if he's getting the parts from GSF (only available from renault i believe)

does he have the special renault locking tools?

clio 172
I would hope he does have the tools as he is fairly large garage and has been established for years, as for the Aux pulleys he seemed to know which parts i needed when i explained it to him, its in tomorrow so i will check parts when i drop it off.

Lots of Alfas
As mentioned make sure the aux belt, tensioner and pulley is done aswell, make sure the tensioners are replaced with the cablelt. It does seem too cheap, Gates do a timing kit for the 172 but its about £10 cheaper than the renault kit and looks identical.

Sy

Pajero 3.8 V6
My local garage charged me £450 and changed the water pump as well. That was 6000 miles ago.

clio 172
havent got the car back yet , wrong pulley kit sent, (more like he did'nt get them all as i went through it with him again this morning). Water pump bearings were shot apparently so looks like i may have had a lucky escape.