ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 popping/misfire at high rpm

Clio sport 172 P2
Hi all got a Clio 172 a few weeks ago love the car but when I put my foot down it pops and I think misfires from 4.5 to the limiter any idears? Garage can't help either cheers

2004 1.5 DCi 100
My Pug 106 was horrid on Tescos petrol but ran great on BP/Shell. My current DCi 100 hates Tescos Diesel but is great on anything else. Worth a try if you're using Tescos etc. might be an easy fix. :approve:

Clio sport 172 P2
My Pug 106 was horrid on Tescos petrol but ran great on BP/Shell. My current DCi 100 hates Tescos Diesel but is great on anything else. Worth a try if you're using Tescos etc. might be an easy fix. :approve:
Weird I filled it right up on tesco standard as soon as I got it :/ it runs fine and drives superb only when you boot it do you get the hesitation and popping, ill ring it to near empty and try some v power see if it cures it!

Clio sport 172 P2
Weird I filled it right up on tesco standard as soon as I got it :/ it runs fine and drives superb only when you boot it do you get the hesitation and popping, ill ring it to near empty and try some v power see if it cures it!
Has any one got any other ideas? Garage said plugs leads and coil was fine

FF Clio 182
Always used Shell, other day was low so had to go Tesco, filled it up with about £10 and car started misfiring and flashing EML light so I refilled will shell and haven't had the problem back

172 cup
Had a similar thing happen to my 182 just after I got it. Was fine until I started giving it a bit of stick then it developed a misfire, turns out the spark plugs were breaking down under load, new set of plugs sorted it out. Was a bit daunting at first as you have to split the intake plenum from the manifold to get to the plugs, just followed one of the plug changing guides on here and sorted it.

clio 172
I had a similar problem with my first 172. Leads had broken up so changed and it sorted it. Also regarding fuel mine hated anything other than shell vpower.