ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 price

Mec 350 slk manual
Down to you , if was as good as you say stump up the cash , I payed £3700 for my ph1 5 years ago and spent that again keeping it tip top .

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Ok, well if its not mint, thats fair enough you wanting discount. But to find one at £2k that is spot on will be very tough. Mine is pretty good, for £2k really.

That's the other thing with the one in Wigan it's not ready to be driven away. I like to view a car, pay for it and drive it home

Clio 172 Cup
Neil, how quickly do you need to get a car?
I would suggest saving a bit more cash, if time allows, this would give a much wider choice and you'll more likely find the quality your looking for.
Might be worth waiting for the shows, see if anything is available and strike a deal.
I have read many times that people have spent a great deal of time looking for the right car, though I suppose it depends if you are prepared to hang tight.... best things come to those that wait.

I've come to terms with the fact I need to wait. But on the other hand I could do with a car as its a pain getting lifts to work. I know one will turn up but I have to stick to my budget though. I'm looking at other cars aswell but a 172 is top of my list

FF RB 182
That's the other thing with the one in Wigan it's not ready to be driven away. I like to view a car, pay for it and drive it home

So if ones for £2495 is not ready to drive away.. one for £2000 is not? As has been said many times, save a little more and up your budget! I had a budget of up to £3,500 for a 182 managed to get one for £2600, minus a little hiccup on the drive home and took me 30 minutes to fix once i got the car home for £0 it has been fautless since.

I've watched a few go in the last few weeks ranging from 46000 miles to 60000 miles with cambelts changed and low owners. Ranging in price from £1700 to £2100. So they are out there. But it's just a case of right place right time.

RB 182
Low owners means nothing too.

Personally after reading this thread, I'd advise saving for another month or two. One WILL come up.

rather that, than buy one, have It break down, pay £XXX in repair bills and be back to square one.

Patience is a virtue! :approve:

I work in the motor trade so I'm not bothered if I buy one that needs a cambelt but I like clean tidy low owner cars that have good bodywork. And low owners means a hell of a lot! If you buy a 1 owner car with full history. You can track the full life of that car and you know pretty much exactly who's owned and driven it. As apposed to a 5 or 6 owner car which could of been owned by 3 or 4 idiots

RB 182
Sorry to be honest,

but I think you'll learn the hard way with this Clio venture.

Sounds to me that you're just desperate to own one as soon as possible no matter the mechanical condition.

Dont get me wrong, I hope all goes well and you find a gem, but I'm sure a few of the other lads will agree, this happens way too often.

No that's true but if you had the choice of 2 identical cars one with 1 owner and one with 5 owners which one would you pick?
The problem I have is I live in Cheshire so albeit Bristol not being the other side of the world I couldn't just pop round after work to have a look. And unfortunately I work 13 out of 14 days

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
No that's true but if you had the choice of 2 identical cars one with 1 owner and one with 5 owners which one would you pick?
The problem I have is I live in Cheshire so albeit Bristol not being the other side of the world I couldn't just pop round after work to have a look. And unfortunately I work 13 out of 14 days

depends if it was one lady owner, or five guys off this forum....I know for sure it'd be the latter lol

I won't buy a pup trust me. I'm not 17. I work in the trade and I'm picky about where I put my money. I'm not desperate at all and as I said I'm looking at other cars but a 172 is my preferred choice. I know for a fact I can get what I want for the money I want to spend but I just need something to turn up within a reasonable distance. But if a car turns up across the road. From my house and it doesn't fit the bill then it will stay there

RB 182
That's because 90% of the members on here love their car more than they love their other halves.

Correct me if I'm wrong boys.

I've watched a few go in the last few weeks ranging from 46000 miles to 60000 miles with cambelts changed and low owners. Ranging in price from £1700 to £2100. So they are out there. But it's just a case of right place right time.

I bought mine about a week and a half ago now. 57k miles, 1 owner from new, FSH and in very good condition (minus a hairline crack on front bumper) in flame red, completely standard for £2100. Cambelt is due end of this year. I'm not sure whether or not price wise is good, I'm not really fussed. Just buy the car you like, for the best price you can. If Monaco blue is your preference on colour, don't settle for a silver one etc etc, get the one you want the most - even if it means paying a little more for.
Goodluck :)

clio 172
i got mine last month for 1550 was up at 1800 buyers market at moment :D 120k 53reg FSH book full of paper work just needed front bumper painting
and if he wont move on price ask if he will do a P/X? then go get a 300quid banger with tax n test on it then you have something to barter with..??
i dont any garages that put a price on a car and wont move from it..must be a very busy place to turn a offer down

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
i got mine last month for 1550 was up at 1800 buyers market at moment :D 120k 53reg FSH book full of paper work just needed front bumper painting
and if he wont move on price ask if he will do a P/X? then go get a 300quid banger with tax n test on it then you have something to barter with..??
i dont any garages that put a price on a car and wont move from it..must be a very busy place to turn a offer down

LOL!

Buy a heap of shite to barter with? Are you serious?

clio 172
LOL!

Buy a heap of s**te to barter with? Are you serious?
if he wont move with cash price but would take a p/x then why not ? pic one up for 250/300 and you get a p/x of 500 then you have 250 off the price and 250 in your pocket
like i say the garage must be very busy place not to take a offer tho

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Buyers market and/or seller personal circumstances, I've had 2 sellers drop over £500 off the price just to get shot of them, 1 of em described as immaculate which on arrival turned out it needed too much work to get it up to scratch. As for going the extra mile I'm heading over to Swindon tomorrow from Essex to view a 182

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
Buyers market and/or seller personal circumstances, I've had 2 sellers drop over £500 off the price just to get shot of them, 1 of em described as immaculate which on arrival turned out it needed too much work to get it up to scratch. As for going the extra mile I'm heading over to Swindon tomorrow from Essex to view a 182

racing blue or black one.

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
if he wont move with cash price but would take a p/x then why not ? pic one up for 250/300 and you get a p/x of 500 then you have 250 off the price and 250 in your pocket
like i say the garage must be very busy place not to take a offer tho

Doubt very much a garage is gonna pay £500 for a banger, whether its a PX or not..

clio 172
Doubt very much a garage is gonna pay £500 for a banger, whether its a PX or not..
if you get something like a 1.1 saxo with bit of tax and test a good chance of 500 p/x saying that if the guy wouldn't even take a penny less he would prob only offer 50p lol

PH2 RS172
i got mine for 1500 with belts done and service history. the car is in excellent condition and is on a 53 plate with 73000 on. i bought it in january just after new year so i had a pick of cars that people probably couldnt justify buying straight after xmas and imo i got a peach. power steering pump needed changing as it was getring a little loud (bstard job lol) which i did myself for 30 quid but thats it. patience is the key and always go in low. the guy had it up for 2100 originally. no tax though at that price lol

I got £900 from an 02 KA 2 years ago, sure it was only on 45k, but it was pretty fucked!

To demonstrate - he said he was going to check mileage - bearing in mind when you unlock the door, the central locking kicks in (its broken) and relocked within a second) - I lost count of the amount of times he tried to get into it hahaha.

All depends on the garage, and how desperate they are to make a sale/sell a specific car/meet quotas/blablabla.