ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 Project

Clio 172
Picked this up today as a bit of project, not sure whether to keep as is or go for a more standard look.
Clio.jpg

Engine Bay
Engine Bay.jpg

Nice mix of bolts :S
Mani.jpg

Studs / bolts look a bit new??
EngineBolts.jpg

Uprated engine mount - not sure what benefits are?
Engine Mount.jpg

Coilovers, car drives terrible at the moment, its all over the place, very hard and bouncy cant see any name on the suspension so not sure if its just a cheap kit or if it needs setting up properly. Pretty certain the geometry is all out looking at the tyre wear.

Suspension.jpg

Stops very well though.
Disks.jpg

Guessing this is where the aircon was!

Aircon.jpg

Only had about an 1,5hrs today to look over car so left like this for now

Last Pic.jpg

Car also has a full exhaust system with 200 cell sports cat, looking at the paperwork this was fitted back in 2007, its 3.5" tail pipe and a bit loud so might keep the sports cat and do something more subtle for the back box.

Looking through the paperwork the car has had a lot of money spent on it in the past, just a bit neglected recently.

Not sure where to start, but need to sort out the issue with only reving to 3k, guy I bought it off said he took it to a garage and it the fault code corresponds to the Lambda sensor. Will go with that for now.

Next need to fix the oil leak which appears to be coming from thr drivers side, once the engine is running ok I'll sort out the suspension and exhaust. Car also needs 4 new tyres but might change the wheels for some standard alloys??

I've always had Vauxhall's so going to be a bit of a learning curve, but will update as I go along - any advice or feedback is welcome! :D

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
looks like a few nice bits on it.

i maybe colour blind but what colour is that inlet for god sake

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Half decent spec for 'out of the box' as such. I would personally keep the F1's assuming they are all straight. They look decent in silver as well tbh.