ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 172 vs audi tt 225 quatro

renaultsport 172
a mate of mine is looking to buy a tt was just wandering which would win in a straight line race

the clio has a slightly better power to weight ratio but the tt has more torque

any ideas?

FIAT PANDA 100HP!!!!
tt will have better traction, which will either slow it down or help.
torque is the factor tho

renaultsport 172
thats what i thought, my mate who isnt to mechanically minded(not saying i am) thinks because it will be more than 50bhp i wont stand a chance tried to explain that isnt the only factor i dont think he took it in

FIAT PANDA 100HP!!!!
only one way to find out, let him get one, and beat him (on a private road of course ;) )

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
TT will be quicker in a straight line race, won't leave you in its dust but it is a quicker car.....

In std trim yes. I was catching a 225 in my old 172, the leon is similar and that was another candidate to the slaughter! ;)

H22A7 Accord Type R
pml, it doesnt matter what happens on the stright mate........ i had a guy refuse to move over on a DC to let me past - he thought that he would show me 'the way' on the big roundabout at the top - being "quattro" and all that.........he was wiggling and squirming all over (front back front back front back) when all i wanted to do was put my foot down and go faster.....

hairdressers car!

renaultsport 172
im saving for the gdi cam package so hopefully will put him to dust

i wont be telling him about the remap option though.........

H22A7 Accord Type R
Ive had a pop at the 3.2 Quattro A3 too and was steadily pulling him in 40 - 100. Nice TT that matey, brakes / wheels!

Clio 172
I would say theres nothing in it, the TT maybe 225 but much heavier and quattro's are known to loose a lot of power through the transmission. Saying that the clio would probably break down half way through the race

M2 Competition
pml, it doesnt matter what happens on the stright mate........ i had a guy refuse to move over on a DC to let me past - he thought that he would show me 'the way' on the big roundabout at the top - being "quattro" and all that.........he was wiggling and squirming all over (front back front back front back) when all i wanted to do was put my foot down and go faster.....

hairdressers car!

That just means he was a poor driver. Roundabouts have nothing to do with the abilities of the car.

H22A7 Accord Type R

hairdressers car!

That just means he was a poor driver. Roundabouts have nothing to do with the abilities of the car.

so it was nothing to do with the quattro system distributing the power between front and back.............. aye, ok

NEED V6!

i raced one on the motorway thought he would blow me away i gained about a car's lenght on him from 70 all the way to 120mph
a mate of mine is looking to buy a tt was just wandering which would win in a straight line race

the clio has a slightly better power to weight ratio but the tt has more torque

any ideas?