ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 172

clio 172 phs1 turbo
Hi all iv made a rookie mistake.!!!! Long story short rocker cover was leaking (not frombolts) decided to take rocker cover off and reseal it and then cams jumped. Iv been lookin through threads and dnt no if im lockin the crank properly. Iv bought the Renault locking tools , were does the crank pin go? Is it the hole down between the dipstick and gearbox casing? If it is the place i can find were it goes in fully there's still bout 2 teath of play, is this right? Thanks ...tom ps iv already beaten myself up about this silly mistake please keep insults down lol

mgoode180566

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Sunflower
you have made a rookie mistake, stuff happens. dont let it turn into a rookie disaster. get somebody to look at it professionally. no shortcuts mate. extreme caution advised......

clio 172 phs1 turbo
Im a fully qualified technition and do cambelts all the time which is more of a rookie mistake lol just need to get it up n running so i can take it to mw motorsports to have mapped as iv just fitted a jms rs2 mani, and let them time and map it. So just need to make sure crank pin is right n the rest is a easy :)