ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172

Afternoon all!

This is my first post on this forum, im after some info on the 172. Iv got a mk3 golf gti at the moment but have spotted a few 172 about that have quite taken my fancy.

I saw an 03 reg 172 last nite in blue thats finally made me put my gti up for sale and to get some fundage sorted to pay for it.

Ill have just shy of £11k to spend and was wondering wether ill be able to pick up a 172 or 172 cup, the same shape/style as the 03 reg clio i saw for that price?

Are there many differences between the 172 and the 172 cup, if so, how can i tell by looking at them?

Dan

Get the CUP (well thats my opinion)

Look on the front page of the site and look at the specs (on the menu on the left) of each car.

172 sports are only available in Black, Red, Silver and Dark Blue

172 Cups are only in light blue.

The sport has the toys - ABS, Half Leather/Half Alcantaer (spelt Wrong) Climit control spare wheel. And as such is heavier And more Expensive.

If you are after one go to a Car super market. I got my 02 sport brand new from motorpoint in Dery at the screen price of £10999.

Good luck and welcolm to the group

For 11K you *could* be looking at new Cup or 172 from car supermarket.

The difference it the cup is lighter (was only in modial blue but I have read on here that its possibe to get it in iceberg silver??) has different wheels. No leather, air-con and other "luxuries"

Scirocco GT TSi DSG

MotorPoint in Derby now charge £11999 for a new 172.

Cup is pretty good looking but I like the toys in the normal 172

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

Well I assume youre used to the luxuries of the Golf so go for the 172 and not the Cup as youre a lot more likely to notice the lack of features than you are to notice the 0.1 second to 60

as ive said before if i had the money id of probably gone for the 172 but i didnt so the Cup was mine :eek:)

I dont like the 172 wheels at all though, was there an option to get different alloys?