ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 Brake Master Cylinder part number?

Clio
Hi,

I have had a look but not been able to confirm the OEM Part No. for the brake master cylinder on a Clio 182. Does anyone know what this is and what a reputable supplier for it would be?

Regards,

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I beg to differ as there is 3 listed for the car.

I know for a fact that the Clio 182 Trophy has the following. -

Make - TEVES
Pt No - 7701207754
RRP - £136.18+vat

The 3 choices for the Clio 182 are as listed from the genuine renault parts catalog

Screen Shot 2017-06-20 at 18.24.46.png

Clio
Hi all,

I think I have identified the MC with it still being on the car. It has a round end to it and looks like the one in the attached image (stolen from somewhere on the internet).

Does anyone know what brand this one is?

Is the issue between different brand Master Cylinders down to differently positioned brake pipe connections?

Thanks,

Attachments

• s-l1600.png
    s-l1600.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 138

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
The one above looks like a ATE one but could be totally wrong.

The logos look the same.

logo_ate.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-22 at 20.33.12.png

Clio
Hi,

Great thanks so hopefully the one linked in your email post should be the same spec?

For my own learning, what is the difference between the three brands of Master Cylinder used? Are the connection points spaced differently or do they have different threads?

What is the experience of SpareTo for parts supply as well?

Thanks!

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I beg to differ as there is 3 listed for the car.

I know for a fact that the Clio 182 Trophy has the following. -

Make - TEVES
Pt No - 7701207754
RRP - £136.18+vat

The 3 choices for the Clio 182 are as listed from the genuine renault parts catalog

View attachment 1423173

@DickP

Look at the part number above - 7701207754

Just put it into Ebay and a new one comes up but it has the ATE marking on it.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Yeah seems they dont care about the RHD market anymore🙄

Typical.

You don't know where I can get all the seals for a master cylinder do you? I'm gonna take a punt off a used one on ebay but want some seals incase it's knackered.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Typical.

You don't know where I can get all the seals for a master cylinder do you? I'm gonna take a punt off a used one on ebay but want some seals incase it's knackered.

I think I've got one somewhere that was working fine when it came out the car if you want that ?

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
I think I've got one somewhere that was working fine when it came out the car if you want that ?

Yes please, that'd be great. Is it an ATE one? Any chance you can send me a photo just to confirm its 100% the right one? If it is, just let me know how much you want.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Yes please, that'd be great. Is it an ATE one? Any chance you can send me a photo just to confirm its 100% the right one? If it is, just let me know how much you want.

I'll check what it is tonight and get some photos.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
The seal kits are all the same for the MC but obviously one is for LHD and has ports on one side rather than the other

This is only one that comes up.

What's the different between the Bosch/ATE units then? Purely just the manufacturer, everything else the same?

I'll check what it is tonight and get some photos.

Ta mate

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member

This is only one that comes up.

What's the different between the Bosch/ATE units then? Purely just the manufacturer, everything else the same?
I doubt there's anything different tbh mate. The bore are 20.6mm across the sport and like 19.1 for non-sport iirc

Get a spare MC to take apart and match the seals, see if there are any differences

The stock image on that looks like the same seal kit I got for the ATE one. I bet if you dig far enough you'll find Bosch and ATE are in the same group of companies

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
I doubt there's anything different tbh mate. The bore are 20.6mm across the sport and like 19.1 for non-sport iirc

Get a spare MC to take apart and match the seals, see if there are any differences

The stock image on that looks like the same seal kit I got for the ATE one. I bet if you dig far enough you'll find Bosch and ATE are in the same group of companies

Yeh mate, that's the plan.

Hopefully if the guy above's is the right one and works. If not, I'll take one apart and get the seals replaced. Pretty sure that's my issue now after messing about with it the other night.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Yeh mate, that's the plan.

Hopefully if the guy above's is the right one and works. If not, I'll take one apart and get the seals replaced. Pretty sure that's my issue now after messing about with it the other night.
Input the ATE part number for LHD master cylinders and just type repair kit after in Google. They must exist

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Yeah best to get them replaced anyway. I need to get my 197 MC sorted, no motivation though

Right, master cylinder arrived today (thanks again @Archtronics!)

I know how to remove and what not, but when refitting, is it just a case of refilling reservoir with fluid and bleeding as normal?

I've got an RS Tuner to bleed the ABS if needed.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Right, master cylinder arrived today (thanks again @Archtronics!)

I know how to remove and what not, but when refitting, is it just a case of refilling reservoir with fluid and bleeding as normal?

I've got an RS Tuner to bleed the ABS if needed.
Bleed it with the RS Tuner a few times first without cracking the bleed nipples

Then bleed with the RS Tuner

For the love of god don't go heaving on the pedal 😂 😂

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Bleed it with the RS Tuner a few times first without cracking the bleed nipples

Then bleed with the RS Tuner

For the love of god don't go heaving on the pedal 😂 😂

Without cracking the bleed nipples? So just activate the abs with the rs tuner?

Already said to @Louis that when bleeding I'm gonna just use a vizibleed to be mega careful and not smash the pedal right to the bottom!

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah it will prime it and get any air pushed to one spot mate

I've use the Eezibleed on mine a few times tbf, you just need enough pressure to make it dribble out. Fingers crossed yours will be ready for CSF 2022 ;)

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Yeah it will prime it and get any air pushed to one spot mate

I've use the Eezibleed on mine a few times tbf, you just need enough pressure to make it dribble out. Fingers crossed yours will be ready for CSF 2022 ;)

Saweeet.

Woahhh, 2022? Lets not get ahead of ourselves here!!!

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT

I thought the 182 (or at least the cup/trophy) had a bigger piston diameter? 22,8 maybe?