ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 - Brake Pads

Clio 182
During my last MOT is was noted that both my front and rear brake pads, unfortunately there is now a grinding noise so think they need replaced.

How much for both parts and labour should it cost for new front and back brake pads?

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
Depends on what pads your replacing them for?

OE equivalent prices you'll pay probably about £60-70 quid for front and rears. Approx a hour's labour at what £40-50.

Just over £100 i make it - but as i say it all depends on what you go for.

Clio 182
Thanks for the quick reply mate.

I would probably just go with mid-range pads. Would you say there will be a noticeable difference?

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
Not massively, all depends on what you use the car for. If it's just normal driving with a bit of fast road thrown in, OE pads will do you fine.

172 cup- suzu rf600r
cant remember what the fronts cost but the rears are about 15 quid for the set, from a motor factors, changing them is easy defo less than an hours labour, 20 quid to a capable mate or 40-50 ish to a fair small garage

i think the fronts were around 30 but honestly cant be sure

Clio 182
Thanks for the advice.

There is nothing left on the front pads meaning the discs are dodgy as well. Been quoted £160 for both replaced which will probably just go with so can get it done straight away.

The rears have got a bit left in them.

Clio 182
cant remember what the fronts cost but the rears are about 15 quid for the set, from a motor factors, changing them is easy defo less than an hours labour, 20 quid to a capable mate or 40-50 ish to a fair small garage

i think the fronts were around 30 but honestly cant be sure

Thanks mate.

I always thought the rear discs and pads came in a set so cost a lot more than that?

Think will need them done in next couple of months.