ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 brings more depression

Focus RS
I was driving along yesterday doing around 40mph when all of a sudden I had the Blackpool illuminations of warning lights show on the dash and then the car died, taking the brakes and steering with it and leaving me at the side of the road.
This isn’t the first time the car has broke, but having it at the side of the road, sounding like spanners in a washing machine when you went to start it was the final straw, the Clio now has to go for the sake of my mental well being.

Anyone any ideas why it would just die as you drive along?, engine management perhaps?

Focus RS
been cambelted yet? its time must be up / close!

Yeah it had all its belts done when they should have been. All the work that should be done, like 36k belts etc has been done.
Renault didnt say anythign was up when it was serviced, so im wonderign what the hell it is.
It sounds terrible to be honest, and the dash wanring lights, 'Stop', 'Serv', battery wanring light and another are on too

Black 197
Had my aux belt snap a few years ago, Took the cambelt out too, I had the lights on the dash as you described plus sounded like $hit when turning over, Turned out the all the valves were bent so got a new engine under warranty

Mondeo TDCI 130
Sounds bad mate, but obviously you need someone to look at it! Take the oil filler cap off, get someone to look in with a torch as you turn it over, do the cams go around?!

Tangoed Works
damn sorry to hear... my 182 went on to 53k before it was rear ended and never missed a beat. I reckon a tensioner or similar might not have been done with the belts.

hope you get it sorted dude

Focus RS
Had another look earlier, the cams are turning. I dont know what is up but it sounds bloody expensive!
The garage are comign to get it on monday so we shall see whats up.

Focus RS
Just got the car back to my house now so the garage can pick it up tommorow. The cams are turning and the cambelt is fine. the mystery continues!

alien green rs133
may hav slipped a tooth on timing, thus why cams are turning but its still fecked

good luck non the less

Focus RS
Got a calll today witht he diagnosis. A bolt had come lose in the crank, knacked the timing, broke a sensor somehow and bent the valves.
So it needs a new head, timing kit, valves, sensor etc etc.

Not good news!!

they should have checked if the cambelts been changed when u took it for a service, if they didnt check it then you mite be able to get them done. or if so if they changed it then go straight back to them as they have clearly done something not rite to have snapped it.

if it wont start then the belts snapped, if it does start and sound s**t the somthing has battered the pistons/valves or the big ends have gone.

320d
Sorry to hear mate. Cheaper to just put a new engine in? Second hand of course. Matt Black off here does them, I know Ryan K had one off him for his 182 Turbo.

RB 182
If its had the belts done it must've been this year being an 04? In which case they've left the pulley bolt lose or at least not torqued up to the correct torque? They don't just 'come lose'

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Not a pulley bolt. He said it was something on the BE that came loose. Nothing Renault could've done.