ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 - Cambelt Change

Hi all,

First time poster on these boards so please be gentle!

We picked up a lovely 182 from a member of this Forum last weekend. It's has clearly been cherished and aside from a dent on the bonnet, it appears to be in great shape. The cambelt was last done back in 2011 so we still have another 40k or 3 years left before it needs changing but I've always been one to over service a car and if a car has a cambelt, it's always the first thing I address for piece of mind.

Does anybody know of a reliable company who won't charge the earth that can change the belt, the aux belt and the dephaser pulley (this is a little noisy on idle once warm) and then carry out an oil change? We're based on West London.

We're willing to travel but not too far. DTM seem to come highly touted on here but Newcastle is just too far for us.

Thanks in advance.

If it was only done in 2011 I wouldn't get it done again so soon, providing the other bits were done when it was done in 2011.

Thanks for the quick replies.

It was last changed at 57k and the car has now covered 83k. By my reckoning, the Aux belts will need replacing fairly soon and the dephaser pulley is loud enough to irritate me once it warms up. For those two reasons alone, I'm quite happy to go the whole hog and sort everything for peace of mind.

Danlp6, do you have a website handy for Mike Woodford?