ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 Cup - Daily project!

Clio 182 Cup
New to ClioSport,
Picked up my 182 Cup about 2 months ago now starting to get ideas about where I want to go with it modification wise and also driving roads, trips and tracks:)
All my modifications will be posted on here as well as trips and anything else I do on the car.
Anyone wants to give advice on anything I do feel free!:)

Clio 182 Cup
Spent the whole day today detail my 182 Cup with my mate Louis who's after two years of hard work finally got his 172 back on the road!
Spent around 4 hours getting the cars looking great!!

Will hopefully get some pics up in the next few days!!:)

Cheers

Clio 182 Cup
DSC_0083.JPG
DSC_0067.JPG
Thought I'd update you! Finally got my shifter in after the modification process and drilling the knob out to size!

Looks great! Only took me three bloody hours to get the cat off due to poor quality copper nuts that were just way to soft for the tension they were under! Think it actually took about 25 minutes to install the shifter it's self what a joke!

All is well now and so pleased with the way it feels completely changes the gearchange experience hahah and is more comfey when driving harder!

RB Clio 182
I thought 182 cups had the crappy manual system with the knobs to adjust the temperature.

Have you got xenons and washer jets, also do you have half leather seats or full cloth ones?

Clio 182 Cup
I'm confused now Lol, my car has the cup spoiler, splitter, Suspension and also the anthracite Wheels as well as the wider track.., although it does have xenon headlights.. Its a 182 with both packs according to what imprezaworks has put up!:)

On the original invoice it says it's got both packs?

Last edited:
  Clio 182 Cup
Yeah that was what I was under the impression I had, it's got the cup Suspension and other exterior parts of a cup without losing the interior or climate. Am I right in saying it's full fat cause again that's what the doc imprezaworks says?

It can be confusing chap don't worry, I was the same when I got mine, previous owner told me it was a 'full fat cup' when I bought it......... but mines the 182 with cup packs same as yours, so full fat.

Car looks smart with the shifter, get some more pics up :cool:

RB Clio 182
Yeah that was what I was under the impression I had, it's got the cup Suspension and other exterior parts of a cup without losing the interior or climate. Am I right in saying it's full fat cause again that's what the doc imprezaworks says?

A 182 with cup packs is better than a 182 cup, the 172 cup is the proper cup.

The 182 cup is the least desirable Clio out of all the 1*2.

Clio 182 Cup
Another quick update on my daily project!:)

Firstly had my Decat pipe with the lambda fooler come through in the post which I fitted yesterday after a lot of struggling with a slip join that connects the cat joint pipe to the center silencer i took the whole manifold back off and did it that way.

After the struggles managed to get the exhaust with the Decat and fooler in and on with only a slight mod to a heat shield!;).

After fitting the Decat I moved on to stripping down and painting my inlet manifold! (also cleaned up my tb) Which I'm really pleased with! Only a little more polishing to do on the RS logo. ( will upload pictures of the process if anyone would like to see) (also planning on Spreying the injector gaurd soon too!!)

After finally doing my inlet manifold I also did my lights and gave them a proper refurb using a variety of wet and drys toothpaste a paint renovator and Polish!:) they also came out really nicely and please with the result!( a lot of elbow grease!) haha
Will upload a before and after image later on!:)

Next project is to remove the center silencer and then change all the engine mounts as well as complete Spreying in the engine bay:)

Attachments

• DSC_0357.JPG
    DSC_0357.JPG
    261.8 KB · Views: 126
  Clio 182 Cup
Ah sure got a few!!:)
DSC_0271.JPG
DSC_0190.JPG
DSC_0184.JPG

Got a few good ones on the way from my roadtrip to the peakdistrict then ono snowdonia and finally brecon beacons!:)

I'll put them up when I've sorted through them!:)

Clio 182 Cup
Another update!!

After noticing my rear exhaust hangars had already started to collapse just after two days or gentle driving i decided to contact the supplier and let them know..the customer service team were really good and refunded me for both which was great!:smile:

Looking at where the rubber bushes had collapsed I went ahead and made my own very home brew inserts to slide under the bottom two legs of the Bush..

Before pic of the exhaust hanger after just two days:tongueout: -
DSC_0362.JPG

My simple fix involved buying one generic rear exhaust hangar from Halfords and hacking it up to make two shaped rear inserts that slide in underneath the two bottom legs of the Bush.

DSC_0366.JPG

After about 20 mins on the bench grinder smoothing and shaping I was happy with the shape and give of the little inserts!:smile: (not a work of art but functional)
DSC_0365.JPG

Only thing now was to test fit them to the real thing on the car!:smile:

DSC_0367.JPG

After test fitting the little inserts I popped a couple of cable ties in to secure it (not ideal but will serve it's purpose until I have time to think of another solution! Until then the inserts have been great!:smile:
DSC_0370.JPG

Clio 182 Cup
Good idea with the rear exhaust hanger bushes, but I bought these for mine which hold the exhaust nice and tight :up:

30th%20June%202016_zpsawp1wfgd.jpg
Yeah they look great! The little inserts were a bit of an emergency replace mentioned before going of on a trip but still holding out very well not bad for £1.11's worth of chopped up and shaped exhaust hangar:smile:

What's the price of these as they look great!:smile:

Cheers!:smile:

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Nice idea on the exhaust hangers, if they sit well now I'd just leave them. I've got 2 sockets in mine to make it sit exactly how I want it.

I just can't get my head around spending £40 on mounts for it to look pretty, when something for a couple of quid will do. Maybe it's just me being a tight Yorkshireman.

Clio 182 Cup
Nice idea on the exhaust hangers, if they sit well now I'd just leave them. I've got 2 sockets in mine to make it sit exactly how I want it.

I just can't get my head around spending £40 on mounts for it to look pretty, when something for a couple of quid will do. Maybe it's just me being a tight Yorkshireman.
Yeah I do like coming up with a cheap alternative that's just as functional it can't be beaten!:) they're still going so strong!!:)

Both are good it just depends on how you see it I guess!:)

The cheap ideas are awesome when they work :up::up:
I just went straight in for the powerflex ones as it was a brand new Milltek and they are rock solid and it's sits perfectly right out of the box

Clio 182 Cup
The cheap ideas are awesome when they work :up::up:
I just went straight in for the powerflex ones as it was a brand new Milltek and they are rock solid and it's sits perfectly right out of the box
Yeah completely agree, Mines a milltek too with Decat pipe sitting sweet and the tips stick out about 20mm which is what I was looking for..the standard mounts aren't good for anything unless they're either replaced or modified imo!

My little inserts are working amazing atm gonna leave them for now! Always good to have an alternative though!:D