ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 cup fitted new front springs now sits high

Yeah I've used them a lot and as you say always really good! I shall send them the same photo's.
Yup that part number is what's on the Renault Group sticker on the spring, is it the right number?

RB Clio 182
Can you pm me who did the alignment as it looks spot on thanks I know it's a odd question but is that springs off a double decker
Yes mate..

IMG_1264.JPG

obcuz

ClioSport Club Member
Bit late now, but would have gone for Eibach Proline, springs all round will cost you less that two front Renault, I always like to use OEM, but had a lot of trouble with the Renault springs breaking, had three Ren. broken front springs in 3000mls and I'm a careful driver, now on Prolines, ride is good and looks just right, (and cheaper) maybe a touch lower but hardly anything.
Got a full set of Prolines last year for £119.95 inc. shipping (from Germany), but probably gone up now.
Anyway, unless you can get a refund, a bit pointless information.

Hmm, so I've just managed to ring wolverhampton on the phone and they said they've not had any issues with them recently and all the part numbers are correct and that I should go to local Renault dealer to get them to double check the springs are correct as they are covered under warranty or something so I guess I'll be doing that tomorrow then see what they say.

Shame I've brought them now as reading all this would have gone for Eibach Proline! what's the ride like on those?...obviously going to be stiffer than these!

obcuz

ClioSport Club Member
Should have gone to Specsavers?
I found the Eibach about the same ride stiffness, and better than previously as at the dame time I fitter new OEM shocks (which may be partly the reason), I've seen that the spring rate may be different in respect that the OEM are more progressive, some say the Proline are a tad softer and I wouldn't disagree with that either, but for road use - just fine.
I think the real difference is that they're better quality so last longer and also cost less.

He's probably got a new family of immigrants living in the arches!
Best laugh I've had so far this week! ?

richardg

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio
Was this problem ever diagnosed??

I am wondering this also as I've just had a refresh at the front and now it sits too high, not as extreme as this post but it is higher than before - oddly the front springs where the only thing at front not changed.

See my detailed post here