ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 cup pack lowering springs

Arctic blue clio 182
Hi ive just bought myself a clio 182 with both cup packs.. Suspension and spoiler kit. What i need to know is are the springs different from the normal 182? im after buying some lowering springs for it, can anybody recommend any? Or am i best saving for coilovers?
Il get some pictures up soon :)
Thanks
Any help much appreciated :)
Patrick

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Welcome to CS.

The springs are the same fitment for all 1*2 Clio's it's just the damper fitment that differs between the models. Spring wise, it depends how much of a drop your looking for really. The Eibach sportlines and CookSport springs are the best of the bunch and most popular on here. The Eibach's sit slightly lower than standard and the Cooksports sit quite a bit lower.

I personally run CookSport springs with Cup shocks and they are excellent. Good drop and very good quality ride. Few snaps of mine here..

8405067069_1fb6c1c91e_c.jpg

Clio182 by lawro06, on Flickr

8405036559_5d5ea07fe7_c.jpg

8405066897_5844b9fefc_c.jpg

Coilover wise, you need to be spending around £1000 for a decent set, the cheaper sets are okay if you don't intend on using it on track and just want a low looking car. Personally I would stick to shocks and springs unless you have the budget for AST coilovers.

182 ff
hi, am the same as you i want new springs and dampers,the standard springs are 3 mm higher and less stiff,(white/ while bands rear) your is red white rear,blue yellow front)
eibach pro line lower standard about 15mm eibach sport up to about 30mm) i think cooksport lower abit more.
depands what you want to lower for ,for handling or looks,i want handling,the more u lower your shocks the more the goemetry of the car will change(camber/castor) then u talkin camber shims fitted.i have missed match damper n leaky one so i want to get new dampers to,not sure to go for cup or koni yellow sport..