ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 (non cup) suspension upgrade

Speedy300

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Hi all,

I attended a track day recently in my newly acquired Clio 182 (non cup) and had a good time but the brakes and suspension seem to be lacking. I'm in the process of sorting out the braking department so now onto the suspension...

I'm thinking new shocks and springs, if I had £500 odd to spend what would you suggest?

Found these - http://www.larkspeed.com/index.pl?a...-Phase-2-3-excl-Cup-Koni-Sport-Suspension-Kit

Koni suspension kit - any good?

Thanks speedy

225 Cup & Williams
Koni kit is good.

Personally I would go for 172 cup shocks and eibach sportline springs and new standard or solid top mounts and then spend the rest on sorting brakes and other niggles before going back on track.

Speedy300

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Thanks for the replies.

The car is my daily (50 motorway miles per day to work), with the odd track day and b-road on top. I will take a look at the Bilstein B14 and the 172 Cup shocks. I assume I can buy new 172 Cup shocks new?

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
Yup. Around 45 to 50 each for cup shocks.
The sportline springs are great and around 160

Speedy300

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Fast forward a few months, I've sorted out the brakes so now back to sorting/refreshing the suspension.

I've decided to set the car up on a fast road basis i.e. fine for every day use and the odd track day. I don't want to throw loads of money at the car (which could be spent doing more track days) but also want the car to feel racey/fresh. So value for money upgrades!

So as mentioned above 172 cup shocks together with Eibach/sportline springs and perhaps top mounts would be the way to go? Good balance between daily use and track? How much is this all likely to cost c£500?