ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 - Proof at last!!!!!!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Yes mate if youd a read the other posts first you would have known that

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

No No No No No

the only "real" pics of the 182 ore those ones that you all said were photoshopped.

tomclio16v.. sarcastic sh*t. Sorry for being a lame ass,not.

who cares anyway. Turbos are the way to go for massive midrange and torque and megane RS will have all the things we want, but it will be out of most peoples price range £18000 in topgear mag. Ill get it because if id "read the other posts first you would have known that " i wouldnt have been working.. ass.

phill*

so when do we have a megane forum starting up then? and can we have a sticker renaultsport or meganesport aswell?

phill*

R

rich[182]

taking printout to dealer to show them as ive just rung them to ask them about the 182 and none of the sales people or anyone know anything about it whatsoever (or claim not to !!)

Quote: Originally posted by rich172 on 27 October 2003

taking printout to dealer to show them as ive just rung them to ask them about the 182 and none of the sales people or anyone know anything about it whatsoever (or claim not to !!)
I asked 3 of the dealers in my area about it a few days ago only to be looked at like i was stupid, none of them had any idea.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Boyo on 26 October 2003

It seems a bit childish and immature to cancel the car and just lose the £200 deposit
I would...

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by TheRonin_172 on 27 October 2003

Quote: Originally posted by rich172 on 27 October 2003

I asked 3 of the dealers in my area about it a few days ago only to be looked at like i was stupid, none of them had any idea.

They wont have a clue. i think renault want them to shift 172s they have first

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by phill* on 27 October 2003

tomclio16v.. sarcastic sh*t. Sorry for being a lame ass,not.

who cares anyway. Turbos are the way to go for massive midrange and torque and megane RS will have all the things we want, but it will be out of most peoples price range £18000 in topgear mag. Ill get it because if id "read the other posts first you would have known that " i wouldnt have been working.. ass.

phill*

Your choice. your going to have to expect comments like that.

(there was no sarcasm in my post.)

Clio v6

I really need to go to the loo but I have heard a whisper that Andrex are bringing out a softer loo roll. Help me what should I do lads ?

(there was loads of sarcasm in my post.)

Clio v6

No You havent convinced me at all. I am just going to wait and see if the 2006 model loo roll is any better.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Boyo on 27 October 2003

What if you were only paying £11400 and the car was guaranteed to be with you this week??
Yes.

I got mine through friends & family too...

Think of the residuals of a 172 now! :confused:

I cant really be arsed waiting though, ive sorted out and paid the insurance for this ready and everything. :oops:

Ill probably only keep it 18months-2years then get a Megan RS anyway.:D

It would be a lot of hassle for what ................ 10bhp?:confused:

My car will still be worth what im paying for it anyways so ill prob just stick with the 172 ;)

Clio v6

Quote: Originally posted by Tomclio16v on 27 October 2003

But why not go now then go again?
How could I possibly use something that is redundant God forbid. I will sit on my loo and if anyone needs to contact me I will have my Nokia 77935510 I.E.S ( ver 5.921 ) with me.;)

Its not 10 BHP increase though. 172 isnt 172 BHP, so 182 wont be a 10 BHP increase, it will be about 7 or 8. Plus i bet its heavier, so no performance increase. Might as well just stick a good exhaust on a 172. Its just a marketing think to appeal to the BHP brigade. Ripping the spare out of a 172 will probably be just as effective.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Not true mate. (i know people who have true 172s-no mods)

How do you know its heavier?- you dont.

Its been done for marketing reasons yes, but the customer will get something out of this too.

(182 has no "fullsize" spare)

Quote: Originally posted by Tomclio16v on 27 October 2003

Not true mate. (i know people who have true 172s-no mods)

How do you know its heavier?- you dont.

Its been done for marketing reasons yes, but the customer will get something out of this too.

(182 has no "fullsize" spare)

How do you know all of this?! :eek:

Boyo

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Its blatently aimed at the 206 GTi-180 and its all a game of numbers...

Leon Cupra

my old STD 172 made 162bhp then a month later made 174bhp on the same rollers only difference was a much cooler day???:confused:

Clio V6 255

WOOHOO! thank god I didnt bother purchasing a cup 2 months ago! still looking for a replacement now, but ive just made up my mind!! :D

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Tim-Grove on 27 October 2003

my old STD 172 made 162bhp then a month later made 174bhp on the same rollers only difference was a much cooler day???:confused:
Yup, the temperature can make a big difference...

I spoke to Jeremy at donnington and it is true there will be a 182, mainly by upgrading the inlet manifold and the twin exit exhaust

R

rich[182]

spoke to my dealer four times today, it was news to them, they looked at the website as given in the original post and said the extra 10bhp was down to the 182 having variable valve timing, i then noticed that the current clio brochure specifies the current 172 engine to have vvt !!

i then rang renault uk customer services who also knew nothing about it but are investigating and ringing me back tomorrow

if its true then i think the timing of the announcement from renault is a disgrace when you consider the simple fact they KNOW their are many customers out there who havent even taken delivery of their "NEW" 172 they ordered several months ago and are gonna part with the best part of £14k

"the new Clio Renaultsport 182 which gains, amongst other things, an extra 10 horsepower"

The reason why its had to gain an extra 10 bhp is due to these "other things" which are bound to make the car heavier.

Im only guessing, but I reckon that this extra 10 bhp will merely compensate for the increased weight of the new clio - if its gaining more features its bound to be heavier = Its unlikely to be any quicker than the 172.

I guess we will just have to wait and see.............

if the current 172 is not in bhp,then how come i have a renault brochure which states that the 172 is in bhp and not in ps ?

i have the brochure from when my old man got one 2 months ago.

There are a few 172/Cups out there that are pushing mailto:155-160@wheels">155-160@wheels which is around 180 hp anyway. Will be very interesting to see the 1/4 mile times.