ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 - Refurbishment and Modifications

@williamsclio1 @LeeRS shame about the rubbing on the rear bud, I'm running the same as you but with 195 tyres which is probably the difference. Lawro ran cooksports and 15mm spacers and never mentioned any rubbing with 205 tyres and standard rims so that's a shame.

Anyways as a suggestion why don't Williams you sell your rear 16mm spacers to Lee for the front on his and then both get 10mm for the rear?

Could solve your issue Williams because if you get et45 turinis you will be in exactly the same position as you are now with 205s. If you get et38.5 turinis they won't even fit with 16mm on the rear.

Just a suggestion [emoji4]

FRP - Clio 182
@williamsclio1 @LeeRS shame about the rubbing on the rear bud, I'm running the same as you but with 195 tyres which is probably the difference. Lawro ran cooksports and 15mm spacers and never mentioned any rubbing with 205 tyres and standard rims so that's a shame.

Anyways as a suggestion why don't Williams you sell your rear 16mm spacers to Lee for the front on his and then both get 10mm for the rear?

Could solve your issue Williams because if you get et45 turinis you will be in exactly the same position as you are now with 205s. If you get et38.5 turinis they won't even fit with 16mm on the rear.

Just a suggestion [emoji4]

Yeah must be the tyre size thats made the difference.

In his case perhaps he only went out in the car on his own, or perhaps had the interior stripped. Either way not to worry an easy fix.

An Excellent idea, @LeeRS if you haven't bought the 15mm / 16mm spacers yet do you want to buy mine? off me? £5 less than if you got them new as they might be slightly dirty :smile:

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Are you saying that with standard 182 alloys they rub with 16mm spacers? Sorry if i've got that wrong, theres quite a lot to sift through on the previous page :tongueout:

What about fronts? I'm asking because i'll be coming to this problem soon in a few weeks.

FRP - Clio 182
Yeah thats correct mate, so I am sure that with the 15mm as well as the 16mm it would also rub on the rear with standard sized tyres and standard 182 wheels when on cook sport springs. So I would suggest either 10mm hub centric spacers on the rear of the bolt on option to ensure no scrubbing when there is more than one person in the car.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2X-RENAUL...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item20ebc9bca2

As for the front I have noticed the odd rub on the front right but I think this is in relation to the 2nd hand damper I had fitted, this is being investigated on Thursday when it goes in for tracking with the lad who carried out the service and cam belt change etc. Basically it appears that the right hand wing / bumper is about 10cm close to the tyre than on the passenger side. Therefore you might wish to go with 15mm spacers on the front just to ensure good clearance rather than 20mm.

FRP - Clio 182
04/12/14

Forgot I purchased these, so little early xmas present:

P1090679.jpg

P1090680.jpg

Washer blanking plates have arrived also:

P1090681.jpg

and finally the tyres are here so will be fitting these tonight and getting the tracking sorted :smile:

P1090682.jpg

Last edited:
  FRP - Clio 182
where can I get one of those smaller front plates from??
car looks lovely btw :smile:

Thanks mate, yeah getting to how I pictured it when I started the work.

This is the website link you need to use:

http://www.fancyplates.com/constructor.html

Select Fancy plates, enter reg plate, then remove border, set text to UK standard, then go to step 2 You should see that on the second page it asks you to specify size, leave the width as standard and change the height to 90mm. (standard heigh is 112m from memory)

Delivery can take a few days.

Reactions: Gus
  FRP - Clio 182
Had a thought about the front washer jets for the head lights, I am going to trial fit these black rubber grommets to see what it looks like, I am also going to get a pair sprayed to see if I can get them in without the paint cracking as I think it might look better than using the OEM covers plates.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181383615848?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

If it doest look good I will stick with OEM but I think its worth a go.

Not even sure the paint would bond to the rubber grommet in all honesty, I can but try.

Last edited:
  1.6 Astra Sporthatch
Awesome attention to detail!! Civic aerial fits these well IIRC with barely any overlap and decent signal.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Like the wind deflectors, really suits the car. That car looks amazing, silver wheels on a silver car look stunning.

Ive got one of those Civic aerials on my car, they work really well, good reception - I listen to radio all the time so need good reception. They just screw in . The base is a little larger than the clio aerial but all in all it looks so much better. They are fairly cheap think mine was £13 at a honda dealer a few years ago.
This is the aerial you want:
2002-honda-civic-type-r-1_1280x0w.jpg

RB Clio 182
Did you manage to fit the arch liner screws mate? I havnt had a go yet, i might do them this weekend, easy to get out?

FRP - Clio 182
Like the wind deflectors, really suits the car. That car looks amazing, silver wheels on a silver car look stunning.

Ive got one of those Civic aerials on my car, they work really well, good reception - I listen to radio all the time so need good reception. They just screw in . The base is a little larger than the clio aerial but all in all it looks so much better. They are fairly cheap think mine was £13 at a honda dealer a few years ago.
This is the aerial you want:

Thanks buddy, yeah really happy with how its looking and especially the condition its in for a 11 year old car :)

Yeah that looks just the job, I will be ordering one of those 100%

FRP - Clio 182
If you are referring to these ones then yes I have replaced them all apart from the two on the drivers side front wheel arch as they where stuck solid, will get them shifted at some point.

IMG_7128.jpg

Its the little things like this that to me make the biggest changes :smile:

If it is these that you are struggling with and they won't budget, suggest soaking in WD40 or the likes, spray on them every day for a few days then try again, or hammer a star bit in to them to get more purchase.

Last edited:
  FRP - Clio 182
Spacers have arrived, so I can do away with that god awful scrubbing sound:

P1090691.jpg

You can also see in the picture the rubber bungs that I am intending on having sprayed.

Also got new engine cover bolts to replace the old ones and new slam panel bolts to smarten things up:

P1090692.jpg

Reactions: Gus
  FRP - Clio 182
haha yeah rather random, no as they came with another large parcel I had to sign for, but yeah suppose they could have fit through the letter box (just).
I work from home so always in when parcels arrive :)

FRP - Clio 182
The bungs are potentially for the holes where the head light washers go, just want to see what it looks like, going to ask body shop to spray them along with the other bits.
I have a feeling that it will look s**t but thought I would give it a try.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Haha definitely. Fairly certain they've arrived though as Mum texted me saying three parcels waiting for me at home :smiley:

p.s I still can't believe no one has asked yet but we need to see more pics of your mrs or sister. That profile pic has been a tease ever since you joined up hahaha

FRP - Clio 182
Help required, I am close to getting a set of Turinis, I am usually a stickler for keeping a car standard looking (OEM)
However I have seen these caps for Turnins which I am tempted to go for over the standard Renault Diamond,
$_57.JPG
if I go for these then I will also be tempted to debadge the boot and go for this badge instead to keep a bit of a similar modern style going.
4-twingo-badge.jpg

What we think? My thinking is I can always replace the original ones again in the future if needs be.

FRP - Clio 182
25/01/15

I had the tracking checked and adjusted on Friday as it hadn't been done since fitted the new tyres.

Car was a disgrace and was due a really good clean as hadn't been washed for over 3 weeks.

I decided to replace the rear badge which arrived over the xmas period, frustratingly even though I lined the badge up to ensure that it was level and correctly spaced when applying I slipped and it hasn't gone on completely level, VERY frustrating but its only marginal.

Original:
P1090809.jpg

Removing:
P1090810.jpg

Cleaned down with white wine vinegar to ensure a clean surface.
P1090811.jpg

New badge:
P1090815.jpg

Then it was on to spraying the front grill between the head lights, so off with the front bumper which was pretty straight forward, no where near as difficult as taking off the FRP bumper.
P1090817.jpg

P1090818.jpg

Masked up the grill:
P1090819.jpg

Few layers of Undercoat
P1090821.jpg

Whilst the paint was drying I cleaned up behind the bumper and tweaked around in the engine bay, as well as fitting my new stainless steel bolts (no photos of them but I will upload some at some point) it has freshened the engine bay up a little so worth the few quid that they cost.

P1090820.jpg

I built the paint up slowly over about 7 or 8 layers to make it nice and think as well as making sure no drips occurred.
P1090822.jpg

Once refitted I was extremely happy with the results, would strongly recommend the Satin finish as its very OEM,
P1090824.jpg

P1090835.jpg

The lower grill I will be masking up and applying the same paint as back to blacking that grill is so time consuming.

Then I went on a short drive and ended up stopping to take some photos.

P1090825.jpg

P1090827.jpg

P1090828.jpg

P1090826.jpg

P1090830.jpg

P1090832.jpg

P1090831.jpg

P1090833.jpg

P1090829.jpg

P1090836.jpg

P1090837.jpg

P1090838.jpg

P1090839.jpg

Next Thursday I am going to a friends garage to have the rear spacers swapped over to the axle spacers and to have the gear box dog mount replaced.

Hopefully have the Spoiler sprayed in the next 1 to 2 weeks and I think I might have sourced some Trophy Turinis

Last edited:
  RB Clio 182
Looking good mate, the badge looks pretty level tbh, but imo should have been about an inch lower to match the clio badge.

The top grill also pops out, no need to remove the bumper.