ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 RR

Renault Clio182 bean
Today I decided I would take the 182 to a Rolling road to see how healthy the engine is, The results left me somewhere between happy but also disappointed at the same time, it came out with 172bhp and 208nm(153ftlbs) of torque. The car only has cheapo airfilter and ktec supersports exhaust. The chap at the RR said that anything over 169bhp is actually pretty good. Opinions welcome :)

IMG_3586_zps7ec0829e.jpg

Last edited:
  AB182, Audi A5 3.0
I personally wouldn't be happy with anything less than 175 from a 182. But it could be that the rollers are under reading a bit. Its best to go to one of the group RR events that take place as then you know how your car fairs against others.

Here's my RR graphs from the last three I have done (over the last year).

Pre-mods:
bhp1.jpg

RSTuner RON98 Map:
rr5.jpg

Custom induction Kit added..:
2RR1.jpg

LY FF182
Yours look about right to be fair.. Are you local to Dynodaze? I'm only about 10 miles from there

Renault Clio182 bean
I tried mapping mine this morning with a rstuner, but there is a issue with the map so just waiting for henk to send me a different one!

DynoDaze results are fairly accurate. Been there before, but I was in my 1.2 ;)

Haha, yeah I took my old saxo vtr there and the results were very believable/low, I cant afford a remap yet but when I do il drive up to Leeds and have RStuning do it.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Dyno dynamics rollers?

quick tip for more bhp, go on supaflow rollers :p

tbh, if it feels good to drive, I wouldn't be arsed about the print out. My 197 made 179.9 but drives fine

Renault Clio182 bean
Dyno dynamics rollers?

quick tip for more bhp, go on supaflow rollers :p

tbh, if it feels good to drive, I wouldn't be arsed about the print out. My 197 made 179.9 but drives fine

Exactly this, it pulls very well to be honest. Il still end up going back after the new year, I have a ktec induction kit for xmas :D, then il get a remap when funds allow.

Renault Clio182 bean
In regards to 'the fatty' thanks for posting up graphs mate. I cant help but think the rollers used on yours were a tad 'friendly' 190bhp from 182 with IK. I know RR's vary so much with readouts. Mine still fairly standard so there headroom yet ;)

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
In regards to 'the fatty' thanks for posting up graphs mate. I cant help but think the rollers used on yours were a tad 'friendly' 190bhp from 182 with IK. I know RR's vary so much with readouts. Mine still fairly standard so there headroom yet ;)

no problems. It was the same rollers as the previous graph and other cars that ran at both events (without any mods between the two) showed the rollers to give very similar readings between the two, so it would suggest my IK setup has added a fair bit combined with the RON98 map. Funny enough someone else with the same filter as me also had quite good gains, so i'm wondering if its down to this.

Renault Clio182 bean
no problems. It was the same rollers as the previous graph and other cars that ran at both events (without any mods between the two) showed the rollers to give very similar readings between the two, so it would suggest my IK setup has added a fair bit combined with the RON98 map. Funny enough someone else with the same filter as me also had quite good gains, so i'm wondering if its down to this.

Mine is yet to be mapped :), By the looks of it there's plenty of improvement to be had from the factory map, the torque curve isn't exactly ideal, and the power drops off way too early considering the factory rev limit. I still need to check my inlets, although they are RS stamped I have seen a few that have far from ideal casting, so hopefully there's bhp gains to be had yet, i understand power isn't the be all and end all I suppose but the more the merrier tbh lol

FF 182
How much is a RR?

Thinking of doing one on my 182. Also does anyone know where the best place in Essex is?

Thanks in advance

Renault Clio182 bean
How much is a RR?

Thinking of doing one on my 182. Also does anyone know where the best place in Essex is?

Thanks in advance

I paid £30 for x2 power runs and a print out. There was another option to have the AFR plotted on the graph as well for another £10

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
mine did 157 ps (decatted milltek, rs tuner map and BMC intake) so you have to be anything but sad with those figures! I guess as many said the thing that matters is how the car goes and mine manages to pull from a R27 which did 181 ps on the same rollers. So you have to know how other cars did on the same dyno to know how accurate your (or their) result is

Renault Clio182 bean
mine did 157 ps (decatted milltek, rs tuner map and BMC intake) so you have to be anything but sad with those figures! I guess as many said the thing that matters is how the car goes and mine manages to pull from a R27 which did 181 ps on the same rollers. So you have to know how other cars did on the same dyno to know how accurate your (or their) result is

The rolling road seems to be fairly accurate, whilst I was waiting to have my car run there were type-r's running between 190-195bhp (and very low torque:rasp:) and other cars were getting realistic results aswell, had my old car dyno'd there before with relatively low/realistic figures haha :)

I'd say your figures are pretty good to be honest. I'd have been happy with 172 from a standard ish car. They all produce around 170 standard, but you do get the odd strong one.

@The Fatty Sorry to burst your bubble mate but those rollers are definitely giving you generous figures. You need cams or ITBs to be up at 190bhp. Mine for reference has 438s and all the trimmings and is 189bhp.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
There is absolutely no way a standard 182 with just an induction kit is making 190bhp. This isn't K-Tec!!

Induction Kit, Blueflame catback system & RStuner map. You don't need cams or ITB's to be in the 190's according to the RS192 website, so no reason why mine might not be giving the same performance ;)

Lol. Maybe you do have a proper freak engine then ;) But I would like to see it on the same day, same rollers with other modified Clios to believe it myself.

Strongest Clio I've come across is Jon's cup. 183bhp on SRR with full Milltek decat system, panel filter and RS-Tuner.

Not that 5bhp is even probably noticeable though lol!

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Lee's 172 - 179
Vikki's 172 - 175
Dan's supercharged one - 267
Dan's RS2 - 197 (taken from post above as I didn't know this one was run)
McGherkins 1.2 - 65
Richy182's cup - 186

there were a lot more on the day but they haven't posted there results up. Also from our previous one at the same place (keep in mind some of these are 197/200's or cammed etc):

rrList.png

Last edited:

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
The Fatty- what IK setup do you have? I'm having about the same mods as you but mine came well lower on RR. Might be just the dyno reading low but still.. we're talking 30+bhp

Clio 182
I think you've got a good result too. My 182 has an ITG Maxogen induction kit, RS192 Exhaust and after a remap I think it made about 175bhp.

Can't compare anyones figures against each other. Only those that ran on the day.

RR vary so much! Imo and from what i have seen in the few years of being on this forum is that RStunings rollers seem to give the most accurate figures. But on the other hand SRR seems to be one of the over reading ones where everyone goes to get that magic figure and due to so much feedback and people using them everyone takes it as gospel.

Tbh loads of people use Asda because the prices are so good but i think its s**t and prefer Tesco. ;)

My car has 181.7 bhp on one set of rollers and 192.8bhp on another!! Whats happening there then? If it was a mass CS used place it would be about right the higher one and my timing is out on the lower!!

Never fails to amaze me this place, in the new year im going to put a can of octane booster in mine most definatly will the run 230bhp then lol.

As said early on 172 -179 ime is about spot on for any 182 wether it be standard or lightly modded with the odd strong one throwing out low 180's.